Stop/Start System Fault

ICE, Equipment, Options
xavpiq
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by xavpiq »

Maybe you should try to contact this guy, who apparently has had is faulty QQ finally replaced with a new one...
Qashqai J12 N-Connecta, 140 hp manual.

ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

Many thanks Xavpiq, I’m frustrated in how Nissan have treated myself and my case. All the reports and communication show Nissan the car doesn’t work and this is the reply from Nissan that really did it for me. It was very unprofessional and insulting to a customer who has spent so much money on a car. Not only this Nissan have completely undervalued and dismissed there own technical staff! Read what Nissan Uk customer services sent me …

Dear Mr Marshall,

This is (RXXXXX) from Nissan Customer Service.

Upon further investigation of this case, the dealership informed me that they have road tested this vehicle and compared with another similar Nissan vehicles.

They can confirm the concern of what you have reported. But it is common like other similar Nissan vehicles. But there isn't any fault with the vehicle.

I can completely understand your concern as well.

Do you need any other further assistance from us?

Kind Regards,

Customer Services
Nissan Motor (GB) Limited

After raising my concerns again with West Ways senior manager who was also embarrassed informed me it was raised higher up the Chain and Nissan have now re opened my case!!! Let’s face it a child could have compiled a better reply to a customer than that. To recognise the problem is admission!! Then to understand my disappointment with the outcome is hugely patronising!! However they are to get in touch with me directly and it’s now over 4 weeks and I’m still waiting.

If they replaced the car at the start then I’d have been happy. Now it’s cost me time and money and I expect Nissan to recognise the impact there actions/lack of are impacting on my mental health and well-being.
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Car that is 7 months old. This vehicle AFAIK holds a 3 year guarantee.

Where the car does not meet the production specification and performance then the seller is responsible for correcting that PDQ. Either that or refund/replacement which meets consumer law. Check the Consumer Law on the UK Govt website https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights

Contact Trading Standards locally for some advice about procedure.

I bought my car from WestWay Stourbridge...I thought their sales dept was crap, so I avoid them now. Their site was rammed with cars. Messy place but I think they all are.

I am currently experiencing a Stop/Start failure. It has self disabled due to an O2 sensor heater (in exhaust) failure and I am anticipating an inordinate cost to fix this simple fault. I'm rather sure though that this fault will have me dumping this car.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

Many thanks for your reply.

I have contacted the Ombudsman giving them the full back ground and story. They have replied that they have read everything and believe I have a case so will proceed with this. I’m still trying to get all the records from my dealership of everything they have done and submitted to Nissan as under data protection I’m allowed this information!! 4 weeks on and they have still not given this to me saying it’s a complicated process to extract information from the system. Mmmm

Hope you get yours sorted !!
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

ChrisM wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:01 am Many thanks for your reply.

I have contacted the Ombudsman giving them the full back ground and story. They have replied that they have read everything and believe I have a case so will proceed with this. I’m still trying to get all the records from my dealership of everything they have done and submitted to Nissan as under data protection I’m allowed this information!! 4 weeks on and they have still not given this to me saying it’s a complicated process to extract information from the system. Mmmm

Hope you get yours sorted !!
I hope the Ombudsmen route helps..firmly and quickly. My experience with such on another matter (probate) ran round in circles with an MPs assistant. I wouldn't expect the dealer to freely issue internal documents which might highlight inadequacy. Technical incompetency being just one.

Quite honestly I don't understand organisations that want to destroy their reputation...thats if they had much of such?
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

I agree..

It’s an unfortunate situation in that I won’t let this go. There are many people on the net suffering from the same faults as mine but choose not to proceed. It’s stressful but the longer they take the stronger my case as Cleary from day one communication to Nissan from me could not be clearer.

They could easily have resolved this without a dispute. Common sense eh? However Nissan seem to want bad publicity which will follow as there are people interested in this story.

Even the time I turned up for them to have my car for 3 days for them to update it yet again, and the car the should have loaned me was not there! So I had to return another day! And then when I did get a car it had hardly any fuel at all in so I had to pay myself!! All adds to a bad new car experience from Nissan!
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

ChrisM wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:56 am I agree..

It’s an unfortunate situation in that I won’t let this go. There are many people on the net suffering from the same faults as mine but choose not to proceed. It’s stressful but the longer they take the stronger my case as Cleary from day one communication to Nissan from me could not be clearer.

They could easily have resolved this without a dispute. Common sense eh? However Nissan seem to want bad publicity which will follow as there are people interested in this story.

Even the time I turned up for them to have my car for 3 days for them to update it yet again, and the car the should have loaned me was not there! So I had to return another day! And then when I did get a car it had hardly any fuel at all in so I had to pay myself!! All adds to a bad new car experience from Nissan!
I don't blame you and simply hope you get full support. Keep us informed if you can.

WestWay here when i bought the 1 year old QQ NTec (Nearly New) left me with little fuel in the tank. 2 miles away and up pops the fuel warning. I freaking cursed them.. :evil:
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta