J12 Parking Brake

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Colinh08
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Colinh08 »

Does it even when seatbelts remain fastened. Handbook says should operate when engine switched off or door opens but does not

hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

Have you activated the auto brake hold function?
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
contor

Post by contor »

No it's not a problem.
If you want your handbrake locks automatically when you unfast the seatbelt, the green light of auto hold on your dashboard has to flash green. If not the auto handbrake doesn't work.
When the auto hold flashes green the handbrake activates auto when you press start/stor engine button (at the same time the gearbox turn on P), when you open the driver's door, or when you unfast driver's seatbelt. If you open the door the gearbox stay on D or R if you press the brake. When you left the brake the gearbox turn auto to P.
Otherwhise if you stay somewhere for 3 minutes with auto hold green then the handbrake is engaged autonomous.
Colinh08

Post by Colinh08 »

Contor _ thanks for advice. Auto hold is lit on dash green as a fixed light. Why / how do you get it to flash green please?
contor

Post by contor »

Sorry for my english. I meant this that you wrote “as a fixed light”.
When auto hold is fixed green handbrake is engaged under the circumstances that I wrote. :)
Colinh08

Post by Colinh08 »

Thanks for answer. No even with hold green on dash the handbrake does not come on. The auto hold works fine just the auto handbrake when stopping engine works only 50% of time. Hoping to see if anyone else has same problem As dealership say J12 model works like that.
xaote

Post by xaote »

contor wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:47 pm No it's not a problem.
If you want your handbrake locks automatically when you unfast the seatbelt, the green light of auto hold on your dashboard has to flash green. If not the auto handbrake doesn't work.
When the auto hold flashes green the handbrake activates auto when you press start/stor engine button (at the same time the gearbox turn on P), when you open the driver's door, or when you unfast driver's seatbelt. If you open the door the gearbox stay on D or R if you press the brake. When you left the brake the gearbox turn auto to P.
Otherwhise if you stay somewhere for 3 minutes with auto hold green then the handbrake is engaged autonomous.

I didn't know the handbrake (and Park on my auto) engages automatically when you turn off the engine. I tried that yesterday and it works perfectly. Thanks for this really helpful info.

The auto hold braking system is fantastic. Especially useful for the xtronic cvt gearbox.

For anyone new to automatic gearboxes. Try to avoid shifting into neutral or park in traffic/traffic lights etc unless its really necessary, it is a lot worse for an auto box constantly shifting back and forth. Inevitably, a lot of the time you will put your foot on the throttle before it has properly engaged drive, which is really not good for the gearbox.
It is best to just leave it in drive and use the auto hold.
J12 Acenta Premium 158 Xtronic
contor

Post by contor »

xaote wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:28 am
contor wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:47 pm No it's not a problem.

I didn't know the handbrake (and Park on my auto) engages automatically when you turn off the engine. I tried that yesterday and it works perfectly. Thanks for this really helpful info.

The auto hold braking system is fantastic. Especially useful for the xtronic cvt gearbox.

For anyone new to automatic gearboxes. Try to avoid shifting into neutral or park in traffic/traffic lights etc unless its really necessary, it is a lot worse for an auto box constantly shifting back and forth. Inevitably, a lot of the time you will put your foot on the throttle before it has properly engaged drive, which is really not good for the gearbox.
It is best to just leave it in drive and use the auto hold.
😇😀