cold steering wheel

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
conrail
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by conrail »

Nissan Qashqai 1.6 dCi Tenka 5 door hatchback, a light hearted look at my Qashqai, just got back from York, 1 1/2 hour journey, so not long, left at 8am and it felt like -20, cold wind, although car said it was 2°, so almost summer!!!, put on heated seats, great, used heated front and rear screens, fantastic, car was lovely and warm within 5 minutes, oh joy, hands freezing on the steering wheel, oh bugger, where did I put my gloves, oh that's right, in my coat pocket in the boot, this got me thinking, with all this modern technology, why can't we have heated steering wheels? I know that heated steering wheel covers are available, plug into the cigarette lighter socket but I would like to start my car, push a button and the steering wheel heats up so come on you lot up the road from me at Nissan Sunderland, lets have heated steering wheels, I have had some great help and advice from my friends on these pages so I hope Santa is good to you all, and your family's and that 2022 gives you many many miles of happy stress free driving, with a heated steering wheel???

Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

The latest models have this option - probably the higher spec cars
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

Yes, a heated steering wheel is now standard fit to the Tekna models, or as part of the optional Heat Pack on other models, which includes heated windscreen/seats - microchips permitting of course ;)

Oh and the steering wheel now vibrates/rumbles if you veer over the central road markings without indicating, providing you’ve disabled Steering Assist which generally steers you back into lane again :?
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
conrail

Post by conrail »

thanks Buffy and Sandgrounder, santa and nissan making my wish come true, Merry Christmas
CaptainTipsy

Post by CaptainTipsy »

Hey, sorry to hijack your post. Could anyone help me? I need to post a question and cant find the "New Topic icon". Could anyone tell me how to post a question please?
The question is about P26A3 code. Thank you
lapalmeraie
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by lapalmeraie »

You have to click on the correct category for your question and then you will find the "New topic" button on top ;)

Back on topic; Tigrimang on the Dutch forum did a heated steering wheel mod himself. Remade it recently with a version with selectable heat.
In fact it is a long piece of cloth with a heating cable inside that you have to fold around the steering wheel. Then you sew a new leather piece around and the cable goes through the center back to the dashboard. I can ask him if he wants to share it here.
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
tigrimang1

Post by tigrimang1 »

Hi Every one,

In addition to my friend Lapalmeraie, i want to share my DIY of the heated steering wheel in my Qashqai 2017 model (J11a)
I posted this a while ago on the dutch Qashqai forum, so the language is in dutch. But since i added pictures, my thought was that it would not be so hard to follow the steps.
This post also includes a DIY of heated seat for the rear seats

https://www.qashqai-passion.nl/index.ph ... #msg184783

I have great joy while using this in the winter period. So i could recommend this to everyone!
This year i changed the type of steering wheel pad. This includes a switch which ables to set the heat in 6 different modes, from warm to hot.
I did this because after a while the steering wheel becomes hot and stays hot, so i needed to power off the heat. Then i noticed the 6 mode heat pad.
This i still have to share on the dutch forum.

I submitted the link of the new heating pad below:

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/40012671 ... 4c4dYpVC5M

When starting the car in the cold morning, you set the mode to the hottest possible to pleasure the warmth at it soonest :)
But while driving it is more comfortable to leave it on mode 1 or 2 perhaps, to still feel the warmth but not burn your hand :)

I am still not fully finished (connecting the wires proparly and decently) with the new steering wheel DIY, due to lack of time, but i did tested it several times, and its gives even more pleasure in the cold mornings....
In combination with my (original) heated seat i never (i hate cold) have to drive away 20minutes later after warming up my car, hahaha
Thats a big relief!

If any questions, do not hasitate, i will answer with pleasure as far as i can. :)

Hope more QQ drivers can benifit of this luxary recommendation.

Some pictures of the 6 mode DIY.

IMG-20211130-WA0004.jpeg

IMG-20211130-WA0008.jpeg