New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
JBFUK
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by JBFUK »

Thought I'd say hello as I've just signed up and will probably be posting a few stupid questions shortly. Hopefully this is not one of those forums where the first response to any question is someone saying "use the search function"! :D

Have been shopping around for a used QQ for my wife as an upgrade to her Yaris. Now that we have a baby on board she needs more space to carry all of the associated paraphernalia! She doesn't like my X5 as it's 'too big and heavy' so after reviewing the different options (Tusco, Sportage, CX5 etc) the QQ seemed the most practical and well equipped for the money. She also loves the pan roof.

Initially I was looking for 68/19 N-Connecta with the 1.3T 160PS engine, however, there are very few out there with manual gearboxes and the updated NAV system. Those that we did see were very scruffy and overpriced for the condition. Most were either auto or had the old NAV. She test drove the 1.3T 140PS and put it through its paces on a dual carriageway with a nice steep incline before deciding that the power is fine for her needs. They seem like the same engine so I do wonder whether the extra power is just in the ECU tuning or perhaps there are parts differences like a larger intercooler, different turbo etc.

We've settled on a MY19 Tekna - all being well we should complete the purchase in the next week or two once the dealer has resolved a few minor snags and had the car serviced. Not overly keen on the 19" wheels, the ride does seem harsher than the N-Connecta on 18" rims (looks uglier too IMO) - but everything else was right and the addition of the heat and full LED headlights is a bonus.

I have a few questions about accessories and possibly changing the wheels, but I'll post in the appropriate forums later on.

Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

Hello @JBFUK and welcome to the forum.

I had a ‘67’ plate N-Connecta previously, which featured the older Connect/SatNav without Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. I added the LED headlights and heat pack as a factory-fitted option which made the spec comparable with a Tekna but without the larger alloy wheels. That Qashqai had the older 1.2 litre petrol engine though.

There are quite a few threads on here about accessories and I’m sure there’s a PDF brochure or two knocking about somewhere. ;) :P
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

I expect the person who usually says "Use the search function" will be along shortly!

My advice would be NOT to use the search function since it's not all that successful in my experience. I find it's much better to use Google search adding site:qashqaiforums.co.uk to the search term.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I don't think we know the difference between the two power outputs of the 1.3 engine. No one's attempted to "upgrade" one! I suspect it's just a software money-grabbing facility for Nissan.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)