What do you think about your new J12 Quaquai?

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Steve101
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Steve101 »

I have a Tekna on order since Mid September with an anticipated delivery date of March - fingers crossed.

To keep me motivated - it would be great to know from those of you that have taken delivery of your new car what you think about it. Did it meet your expectations? What do you like most about your new car? Are there any short comings in the car? Are you still pleased that you went for a Quasquai?

What are your thoughts new car owners?

Steve
Tekna J12, magnetic blue, black roof.

EJT19
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by EJT19 »

Hello :)

I don’t have the tekna but I have the n connecta with tech pack, pano roof and roof rails as optional extras.

I had the 2014 J11 Qashqai before and traded it in for the new one. I picked it up last Sunday and I absolutely LOVE it!

The drive is something else! So comfortable and such a smooth drive. Accelerates good and responds well in all modes it has to offer.

The technology in it is great which is also very responsive and the features in it such as the head up display and the Lane keep assist is just awesome.

You can set the cruise control so that you can keep 1-3 chevrons apart from the person in front and it mirrors the cars speed in front by auto braking when they do and still keeping its distance and then increasing when they move off again.

I feel that you’ve to wait until March. I only had to wait 1 month and I found myself watching videos on YouTube of them everyday.

It’s booked in Tuesday and Wednesday for it ceramic coated.

Let me know if you want to know any specifics :)
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Only a 6 month wait? I'm 1/2 way through waiting for my motorhome to be built. It was a May 2021 order to be ready for November 2021, then this changed to March 2022 & now it could be August 2022, maybe. Sucks.
Steve101 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:09 pm I have a Tekna on order since Mid September with an anticipated delivery date of March - fingers crossed.

To keep me motivated - it would be great to know from those of you that have taken delivery of your new car what you think about it. Did it meet your expectations? What do you like most about your new car? Are there any short comings in the car? Are you still pleased that you went for a Quasquai?

What are your thoughts new car owners?

Steve
Steve101

Post by Steve101 »

EJT19 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:36 pm Hello :)

I don’t have the tekna but I have the n connecta with tech pack, pano roof and roof rails as optional extras.

I had the 2014 J11 Qashqai before and traded it in for the new one. I picked it up last Sunday and I absolutely LOVE it!

The drive is something else! So comfortable and such a smooth drive. Accelerates good and responds well in all modes it has to offer.

The technology in it is great which is also very responsive and the features in it such as the head up display and the Lane keep assist is just awesome.

You can set the cruise control so that you can keep 1-3 chevrons apart from the person in front and it mirrors the cars speed in front by auto braking when they do and still keeping its distance and then increasing when they move off again.

I feel that you’ve to wait until March. I only had to wait 1 month and I found myself watching videos on YouTube of them everyday.

It’s booked in Tuesday and Wednesday for it ceramic coated.

Let me know if you want to know any specifics :)
Great to hear that it met your expectations, like you I have been looking at YouTube videos. I was looking at the Hyundai Toucon (excuse spelling) and wondered if I made the right decision going for the Quaquai, what swayed it for me was wanting to buy British. So good to hear you love your new car.
ilkka

Post by ilkka »

I have had my tekna+ 4WD for about two months now. I came from 2008 J10, so this new model is so much better in every way and I have no complaints. I had 3 months wait from order to delivery and I ordered even before I had a chance to test drive the new model.
Current: Nissan Qashqai 2021 J12 1.3 MHEV 158 Xtronic 4WD Tekna+ (Magnetic Blue)
Previously: Nissan Qashqai 2008 J10 1.6 Acenta with glass roof
EJT19

Post by EJT19 »

Both people who have commented have stuck with a qashqai so I’d say you’ve made the better choice :)

I also didn’t test drive it as I knew it was the one I wanted regardless haha!

I find any excuse to drive it 🙈
Foffer

Post by Foffer »

I’ve just done 1000 miles in my new Tekna+ auto, I traded in my two year old similar spec J11 so am in a good position to compare

In nearly every aspect it’s much better. The driving position is the best I’ve ever had, the ride is better and it’s even quieter. I even had a passenger ask if it was electric! The seats are better with a more useful seat base tilt adjustment.

Just a couple of small downsides. There is a hesitation when you press the accelerator regardless of what speed you are going, which can become a pain when town driving. There is a “ bouncing” effect in the transmission which can be felt most if you jab the accelerator from stationary (I know - don’t jab the accelerator!). The powered hatch has a ridiculously loud warning beeper which wakes up the neighbours if you open it at night. So far the fuel consumption is about 20% worse than the old car, I’m hoping this gets better as it loosens up.

The main display locked up twice on the first day whilst using my iPhone google maps. I had to switch to something else then back to get it working again. I’m not too worried about this, having had new electronic devices do this sort of thing before when new. It’s been fine since.

Overall a great car, I would be very happy to recommend it.
Current car: 2021 Qashqai Tekna+ DIG-T MHEV CVT
Previous car: 2019 Qashqai Tekna+ 1.3 DIG-T 160 DCT
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

I've only had my J12 Tekna a short while but I remain pleasantly surprised with the quality and comfort of the car. I test drove one of the initial special editions a couple of times and liked it. The Tekna 158 awd auto does have a slightly enhanced rear suspension set up...and have no complaints about that..it rides and handles very well even with 19" wheels.

Pros...heated seats are good toasty and comfortable. 360 cameras are the best yet. Very nice drive, smooth and no hesitation.

Dislikes - you cannot have the map showing on the driver display (unless you have set a route) and the app, although better than the one for the new Juke, lacks key functionality like what's the temperature, being able to set the destination from a position on the map rather than a google search and being able to start the car remotely and defrost/warm it up.

Despite the dislike being a longer list than the pros....that's no reflective in my overall feeling about the car...it is better than I was expecting. In the waiting I was wondering whether to stick with my XC40 which was an exceptionally good car.... but I stuck with changing to the QQ and I don't regret it.

Good to buy British built cars again.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
Exskoda

Post by Exskoda »

Foffer wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:00 pm I’ve just done 1000 miles in my new Tekna+ auto, I traded in my two year old similar spec J11 so am in a good position to compare

In nearly every aspect it’s much better. The driving position is the best I’ve ever had, the ride is better and it’s even quieter. I even had a passenger ask if it was electric! The seats are better with a more useful seat base tilt adjustment.

Just a couple of small downsides. There is a hesitation when you press the accelerator regardless of what speed you are going, which can become a pain when town driving. There is a “ bouncing” effect in the transmission which can be felt most if you jab the accelerator from stationary (I know - don’t jab the accelerator!). The powered hatch has a ridiculously loud warning beeper which wakes up the neighbours if you open it at night. So far the fuel consumption is about 20% worse than the old car, I’m hoping this gets better as it loosens up.

The main display locked up twice on the first day whilst using my iPhone google maps. I had to switch to something else then back to get it working again. I’m not too worried about this, having had new electronic devices do this sort of thing before when new. It’s been fine since.

Overall a great car, I would be very happy to recommend it.
Have you applied the new update?
Before Skoda Karoq SEL, virtual dash, heated screen.

Now: J12 Nissan Qashqai
1.3 DiG-T MH 158 Xtronic Tekna, Automatic, Petrol arrived 23/12/21
Steve101

Post by Steve101 »

hootintootin wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:37 pm I've only had my J12 Tekna a short while but I remain pleasantly surprised with the quality and comfort of the car. I test drove one of the initial special editions a couple of times and liked it. The Tekna 158 awd auto does have a slightly enhanced rear suspension set up...and have no complaints about that..it rides and handles very well even with 19" wheels.

Pros...heated seats are good toasty and comfortable. 360 cameras are the best yet. Very nice drive, smooth and no hesitation.

Dislikes - you cannot have the map showing on the driver display (unless you have set a route) and the app, although better than the one for the new Juke, lacks key functionality like what's the temperature, being able to set the destination from a position on the map rather than a google search and being able to start the car remotely and defrost/warm it up.

Despite the dislike being a longer list than the pros....that's no reflective in my overall feeling about the car...it is better than I was expecting. In the waiting I was wondering whether to stick with my XC40 which was an exceptionally good car.... but I stuck with changing to the QQ and I don't regret it. buy British built cars again.
Great to hear that you prefer it to XC40 !