What do you think about your new J12 Quaquai?

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Steve101
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Steve101 »

Exskoda wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:02 pm
Foffer wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:00 pm I’ve just done 1000 miles in my new Tekna+ auto, I traded in my two year old similar spec J11 so am in a good position to compare

In nearly every aspect it’s much better. The driving position is the best I’ve ever had, the ride is better and it’s even quieter. I even had a passenger ask if it was electric! The seats are better with a more useful seat base tilt adjustment.

Just a couple of small downsides. There is a hesitation when you press the accelerator regardless of what speed you are going, which can become a pain when town driving. There is a “ bouncing” effect in the transmission which can be felt most if you jab the accelerator from stationary (I know - don’t jab the accelerator!). The powered hatch has a ridiculously loud warning beeper which wakes up the neighbours if you open it at night. So far the fuel consumption is about 20% worse than the old car, I’m hoping this gets better as it loosens up.

The main display locked up twice on the first day whilst using my iPhone google maps. I had to switch to something else then back to get it working again. I’m not too worried about this, having had new electronic devices do this sort of thing before when new. It’s been fine since.

Overall a great car, I would be very happy to recommend it.
Have you applied the new update?
Eskoda how does the Quasquai compare to your old Karoq?

Steve
Tekna J12, magnetic blue, black roof.

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Nissan Qashqai Tekna+: long-term test review

First report: lack of plug-in hybrid tech means disappointing economy from our Nissan Qashqai

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/qa ... est-review

The new Nissan Qashqai can be looked at in two very different ways.

The driving side of things is slightly compromised, especially when you consider fuel economy, but it’s a very good car when it comes to practicality.

And inside, it feels like a more premium product than ever.

Mileage: 6,321
Economy: 34.6mpg
[Almost identical to what my 1.2 gave me]

Overall Auto Express Rating - 3.5 out of 5

I’ve been disappointed with the economy since taking delivery of the Auto Express Qashqai in mid-October. I’ve used it for commuting and a few long motorway trips, but I’ve only averaged 34.6mpg.

It won’t win any awards for the way it drives, but most people buying one aren’t going to be throwing it around corners on a winding B-road. It’s a comfortable cruiser and the engine always seems to have enough power.

I’m not a fan of CVT gearboxes, but the Nissan’s is amazingly smooth in town. So smooth you often don’t even notice it, but as soon you come to a motorway and need to put your foot down, the revs rise rapidly and the acceleration takes a while to arrive.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Exskoda
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Exskoda »

Steve101 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:39 pm
Exskoda wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:02 pm
Foffer wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:00 pm I’ve just done 1000 miles in my new Tekna+ auto, I traded in my two year old similar spec J11 so am in a good position to compare

In nearly every aspect it’s much better. The driving position is the best I’ve ever had, the ride is better and it’s even quieter. I even had a passenger ask if it was electric! The seats are better with a more useful seat base tilt adjustment.

Just a couple of small downsides. There is a hesitation when you press the accelerator regardless of what speed you are going, which can become a pain when town driving. There is a “ bouncing” effect in the transmission which can be felt most if you jab the accelerator from stationary (I know - don’t jab the accelerator!). The powered hatch has a ridiculously loud warning beeper which wakes up the neighbours if you open it at night. So far the fuel consumption is about 20% worse than the old car, I’m hoping this gets better as it loosens up.

The main display locked up twice on the first day whilst using my iPhone google maps. I had to switch to something else then back to get it working again. I’m not too worried about this, having had new electronic devices do this sort of thing before when new. It’s been fine since.

Overall a great car, I would be very happy to recommend it.
Have you applied the new update?
Eskoda how does the Quasquai compare to your old Karoq?

Steve
It's not bad. The infotainment system is a bit of a weak spot. The boot is wider and longer than Karoq but not in height. I have a Karoq boot mat in so you can see the difference! Also in Tekna why don't they use micro suede rather than the cord type seats? Also no auto lock that Karoq had. The thing with Skoda you have to add packs which bumps up the price as my one I added £2000 worth of extras. The only extra I added was paint and spare wheel. So in terms of value the Nissan is better.
Before Skoda Karoq SEL, virtual dash, heated screen.

Now: J12 Nissan Qashqai
1.3 DiG-T MH 158 Xtronic Tekna, Automatic, Petrol arrived 23/12/21
xenon102

Post by xenon102 »

My new N-Connecta was delivered yesterday, I have to say I love it!

Fortunate to get an N-Connecta with the digital dash and pan roof as I know these have been removed from new orders and are now limited to Tekna models only.

Drives great, feels bigger and more luxurious than my last QQ and the wireless CarPlay is a game changer!!

You just gotta love that new car smell too!
Current: 2021 ‘71 Plate | J12 N-Connecta | 1.3 DiG-T MH 140 PS | Pan Roof
Previous 2019 '69 Plate | J11b N-Connecta | 1.3 DiG-T 140 PS | Glass Roof Pack
Steve101

Post by Steve101 »

Enjoy your new car!

Steve
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

I have been driving my new J12 Tekna+ magnetic blue/black roof for about 3 weeks.
It has all the (possible, standard ...) options, including the fog lights, 20", Michelin tires.
Very delighted with this choise.
I have to add that I never owned an SUV (QQ or other) before (always hatchbacks), so in that regard I can not compare.
The boot is a bit smaller than that of my (about 4.7 m long) hatchbacks, but it is more than sufficient (surely now that kids are no longer around).
The infotainment system : I agree with what is mentioned that the system could be more ... 2022.
However, OTOH, and IMHO very important ... it all feels very well integrated and intuitive.
The *big and clear* (panasonic) HUD is really incredible and I will never again buy a car without it.
Only downside is that Android Auto navigation is not shown neither in the digital dashboard, not the HUD.
But the integrated TomTom navigation system -with 'premium traffic'- makes up for it.
One thing I noticed is that sometimes the TomTom navigation system takes a while to be available ... it needs to boot, but not always, no idea why !?
The engine is powerful enough and the guy on Youtube that claimed that this car 'has no engine' must be
driving a ... Tesla S each and every day !?
When I put the car in Sports-mode it feels, to me, very responsive.
So glad though I picked the bigger engine ... the new QQ is a rather big car anyway, so the choice for the 156 BHP was obvious.
The MT6 is ... OK ... long shifting but ... smooth.
Maybe not 100% perfect as my previous Japanese cars, but more than good enough.
The 20" wheels ... the drive is real smooth ... I am no expert, but this suspension is what I hoped for.
Economy : maybe not the best I guess (but still the first 1000 miles).
This is a gasoline car. People used to drive diesels will need to turn a switch (but this applies to most if not all gasoline cars I guess).
I don't easily believe some people claiming their new gasoline cars have the same mileage as diesels ... seeing is believing !
At the time it was "Love At First Sight" ... still feeling the same about the car.
In fact for me it was the "package deal" ... all that luxury in a family car at a still affordable price ... and I couldn't resist !
Steve101

Post by Steve101 »

Very helpful review - thanks.

Steve
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I'm glad your enjoying your new car.

In my humble opinion the QQ is very very low powered and really needed the option of something that has around 200hp. I purchased most powerful QQ Diesel (2016) at the time from new & it is 130hp .... that's woeful. It was a great deal when I purchased it & its been very reliable.

QaiFan wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:52 pm The engine is powerful enough and the guy on Youtube that claimed that this car 'has no engine' must be
driving a ... Tesla S each and every day !?
When I put the car in Sports-mode it feels, to me, very responsive.
So glad though I picked the bigger engine ... the new QQ is a rather big car anyway, so the choice for the 156 BHP was obvious.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

"QQ is very very low powered"
Indeed, selling this car as it is in the US, Canada and Australia as the Rogue Sport 2022 probably won't go that well.
I am quite upset that, in Europe, we are almost *forced* into these kind of lower powered engines (if we don't get a company car).
But what I meant with stating it performs great ... I might add ... for a 1332 CC gocart-like engine.
Does it matter here though ... unless living in Germany driving a Ferrari only gets us in big trouble over here :mrgreen:
I might add though that unfortunately IMHO consumption isn't all that great (which of course has to do with also being forced buying a gasoline car ... instead of diesel).
At least that new 1500CC EV-type QQ is around the corner for people that require/wished for 200+ BHP.
Andyjb

Post by Andyjb »

Just ordered the Tekna + 4wd and wasn't sure if it came with the front led fogs, gave the dealer a ring and was assured it did, despite this everything I've read so far suggest they are a factory option.
Although I can't see anywhere to add the option of front fogs on the Nissan car configuration.
Was just wondering if you spec'ed the front fogs on ordering?