Speed Cameras

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

The biggest benefit of Google Maps is provision of alternate routes as you're going along.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)

hootintootin
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by hootintootin »

Also have a new Juke which has a similar info system to new QQ and uses the same app I think. You can set a destination on the app and send to car. It doesn't give you a choice of route or anything posh like a TT. Also it will not use live traffic information as part of the route planning until you have registered and got the app working. It was a few days before we got that registered and in the mean time the Juke wanted to take us on a road that was blocked by an accident whereas the TT routed us in a totally different direction.
The satnav seems to work pretty well..but definitely no speed camera options in the new juke.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

I note the NissanConnect App gets a bit of a slagging on the Google Play site:

Its odd really because using TomTom GPS in the past was very good. I have Garmin GPS now which is pretty good and am tempted to use it because the 2017+ Connect 3 headunit Nav address range is awkward/deficient to say the least.

Screen44.png

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
diamata
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by diamata »

garzooz wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:09 pm Hi All,

sorry for not seeing these posts sooner - when I got my J12 it was one of the first things I went looking for in the settings. My only gripe is the camera alert is quite gentle and easily missed. The tomtom on my previous car (Fiat 500) would blast a camera alert which I very much appreciated.
The thing I didn't like about J12A was that it would alert camera even if it was on the other side of the motorway or on a road near to the motoway.

I agree with you about J12 as I was on the motoway today and the camera alert beep was very gentle I hardly heard it. I wonder if there is an option to increase the beep volume?
Now: 2021 Qashqai Premiere Edition 1.3 DIG-T MHEV - Manual
Before: 2014 Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.5 Diesel – Manual
Previous: 2007 Qashqai Acenta 1.5 Diesel – Manual
Quinny1964
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Quinny1964 »

Guys.

Just spotted this post as a newbie.

There is a speed camera site called Pocket GPS World of which I am a member, and they do a weekly database which, for none members, attracts a small fee. ( Until you spot a new camera that hasn't been spotted previously, then it becomes free. ) Unlike some databases which are live and interactive, this gives you a gps location of a camera site no matter what the camera is. It cannot tell you if a mobile van is in place at any given time. It is compatible with Connect and Connect 3 WITH the sd slot, ( But not without ) and should be suitable with all Nissans that have these. In some cases you can also set the distance of warning, but I am not sure if this is the case on Nissan units.

Below is a link to the supported page so you can see for yourself, and if you decide you want it, just have a look around to see how you get it.

I have been a member of, and used this database on various stand alone sat navs for must be over 10 years in my job as an hgv, driver, and it has served me well.

https://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras