Maps on digital dashboard

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
xavpiq
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by xavpiq »

phil_89 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:08 am
xavpiq wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:00 pm Hello everyone! Another user from Italy waiting for a J12 N-Connecta.
I have a question about the digital dashboard.
Are maps visible on the digital dashboard only if you enter a destination on the Navi?
This feature has been removed from the N-Connecta in the October brochure in the UK - might need to check the same for Italy - I ordered in September and been told I’ll be getting the dash on the Acenta.
I ordered at the end of July, so I hope not to be affected. But were you told of the change before or after the order?
Qashqai J12 N-Connecta, 140 hp manual.

QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

At the time I have looked at the Skoda Karoc with digital dash too and it was around (a bit more expensive) the same price as the J12 Tekna+ I have on order now.
The infotainment system seemed to be superior but it indeed had a few less options than the Tekna+.
Skoda has a very good reputation regarding reliability (in my country).
But I like(d) to looks of the J12 QQ more than the Karoq.
As always, YMMV.
phil_89
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by phil_89 »

xavpiq wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:55 am
phil_89 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:08 am
xavpiq wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:00 pm Hello everyone! Another user from Italy waiting for a J12 N-Connecta.
I have a question about the digital dashboard.
Are maps visible on the digital dashboard only if you enter a destination on the Navi?
This feature has been removed from the N-Connecta in the October brochure in the UK - might need to check the same for Italy - I ordered in September and been told I’ll be getting the dash on the Acenta.
I ordered at the end of July, so I hope not to be affected. But were you told of the change before or after the order?
I asked the question - dealer at the time was unaware and had to ask manufacturing I believe.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

xavpiq wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:19 am Audi... you pay more, you get more... I think we should be satisfied with J12 digital dashboard. For example, the one in the new Hyundai Tucson is not able to show maps even for the highest trims.
I was merely pointing out that for Apple and Google to adapt their navigation systems to work on a myriad of driver's dashboards may be too difficult or complex for them to be able to consider - or worthwhile given the central display is usually much larger and more useful in any case.

Even the Skoda Fabia now has a (mostly optional) digital dashboard (£455) AND wireless CarPlay/AA (£55)

(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Agree with you Gloucester
As for that dashboard it is complex and unclear and I would specifically not choose that display setting (assuming that is possible)
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

I've spoken to my dealer, who has confirmed with photos, that you can only have the Nissan navigator map showing in the drivers display when a destination is set. Miffed about that. Volvo and Land Rover let you have the map at any time in the driver display.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

I wonder what can be combined of carplay/Android auto apps with the nissan infotainment system's functionality.
What multitasking is possible regarding sound/music /navigation / WhatsApp...?
How is all this integrated (or not) with the digital dashboard and HUD etc.!???
ilkka

Post by ilkka »

QaiFan wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:15 pm I wonder what can be combined of carplay/Android auto apps with the nissan infotainment system's functionality.
What multitasking is possible regarding sound/music /navigation / WhatsApp...?
How is all this integrated (or not) with the digital dashboard and HUD etc.!???
Multitasking it quite possible.
radio + google maps from android auto
Music from android auto goes into background and you can have anything open on the foreground like maps and navigation works from nissan's own map while listening music through AA.
If you receive messages on whatsapp or telegram or sms while driving, google assistant can read them and you can reply to them after that with voice
Current: Nissan Qashqai 2021 J12 1.3 MHEV 158 Xtronic 4WD Tekna+ (Magnetic Blue)
Previously: Nissan Qashqai 2008 J10 1.6 Acenta with glass roof
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Thank you ilkka for your feedback.
Once I get my qashqai...
I will try the background feature from the Flitsmeister Android app together with the in-car TomTom navigation to hope to get additional audible traffic warnings.
Who knows, maybe that will work!?
Doing it that way might allow for an 'improved' nissan tomtom with in dashboard and HUD navigation and map display!?
xavpiq

Post by xavpiq »

gloucester wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:01 pm
xavpiq wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:19 am Audi... you pay more, you get more... I think we should be satisfied with J12 digital dashboard. For example, the one in the new Hyundai Tucson is not able to show maps even for the highest trims.
I was merely pointing out that for Apple and Google to adapt their navigation systems to work on a myriad of driver's dashboards may be too difficult or complex for them to be able to consider - or worthwhile given the central display is usually much larger and more useful in any case.

Even the Skoda Fabia now has a (mostly optional) digital dashboard (£455) AND wireless CarPlay/AA (£55)

Yeah, it looks like Nissan has been a bit conservative on new technologies for the interior... Maybe these features (maps w/o navigation and map integration with Android/Apple) will come available in the future with a software update...
Qashqai J12 N-Connecta, 140 hp manual.