Maps on digital dashboard

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
hootintootin
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by hootintootin »

Niko89 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:56 pm
xavpiq wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:00 pm Hello everyone! Another user from Italy waiting for a J12 N-Connecta.
I have a question about the digital dashboard.
Are maps visible on the digital dashboard only if you enter a destination on the Navi?
Hi, I confirm that the maps are visible in the dashboard only through the integrated navigator .. no Android auto or Apple car play
Thanks...but can I just clarify here that when you say integrated navigator are you saying that a route has to have been set for the map to be shown in the drivers dashboard...or are you saying the maps of the integrated navigator can be seen on the drivers dashboard at anytime whether a route has been calculated or not?

I realise that AA or CP won't show on the drivers display only on the central display between the seats.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021

Exskoda

Post by Exskoda »

hootintootin wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:06 pm
xavpiq wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:00 pm Hello everyone! Another user from Italy waiting for a J12 N-Connecta.
Are maps visible on the digital dashboard only if you enter a destination on the Navi?
Hi, I confirm that the maps are visible in the dashboard only through the integrated navigator .. no Android auto or Apple car play
Thanks...but can I just clarify here that when you say integrated navigator are you saying that a route has to have been set for the map to be shown in the drivers dashboard...or are you saying the maps of the integrated navigator can be seen on the drivers dashboard at anytime whether a route has been calculated or not?

I realise that AA or CP won't show on the drivers display only on the central display between the seats.
In videos I've seen online you can have the map on anytime no need for a destination to be set.
Before Skoda Karoq SEL, virtual dash, heated screen.

Now: J12 Nissan Qashqai
1.3 DiG-T MH 158 Xtronic Tekna, Automatic, Petrol arrived 23/12/21
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

I do wonder whether or not it is possible to have *other* (besides navigation-) Carplay and Android Auto apps shown on the digital dashboard.
I have seen pictures / Nissan promos of a.o. Spotify icons shown on the J12 QQ Digital dashboard as well as the HUD !
Were those feature dropped for production ???
Niko89

Post by Niko89 »

hootintootin wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:06 pm

I've tried it before. It appears to me like this:

IMG_20211109_201417.jpg

IMG_20211109_201620.jpg

hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

Thanks so it looks like you just see the compass direction aspect rather than a map unless you set a destination.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I suspect that the issue in displaying the map on the driver's display across the whole car market is to do with the wide range of formats that would have to be accommodated. Most central displays are rectangular and hence the Carplay/Android Auto apps can readily have a resizable rectangular display format to feed into there but on the driver's dashboard maps sometimes go all over the place - and have to manoeuvre around other things thereon - check out Audi's display for instance:

(I realise the Qashqai's display is a lot simpler/ old-fashioned than this!)
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
xavpiq

Post by xavpiq »

Audi... you pay more, you get more... I think we should be satisfied with J12 digital dashboard. For example, the one in the new Hyundai Tucson is not able to show maps even for the highest trims.
Qashqai J12 N-Connecta, 140 hp manual.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Audi and Mercedes have about the best dashboard and infotainment.
But also VW and ... Skoda/Seat (quite similar cars) and AFAIK especially Skoda and Seat have about same price-point as Nissan !
phil_89
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by phil_89 »

This feature has been removed from the N-Connecta in the October brochure in the UK - might need to check the same for Italy - I ordered in September and been told I’ll be getting the dash on the Acenta.
Exskoda

Post by Exskoda »

QaiFan wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:48 am Audi and Mercedes have about the best dashboard and infotainment.
But also VW and ... Skoda/Seat (quite similar cars) and AFAIK especially Skoda and Seat have about same price-point as Nissan !
I have a Skoda Karoq SEL which I added £2,000 worth of options. Went into they end of August to see what they could do for me. They had a car coming in same SEL no options for more money as in a lot more! Asked about factory order said no idea when one of those would be delivered. So hence my Nissan Qashqai Tekna order came in slightly less when I ordered it than a Karoq. If I was to option a SEL you'll be looking at around £3,000 of options. I was first in my part of country to have virtual dash as was first Karoq dealer seen it on. Had to add ACC and heated screen as well.
Before Skoda Karoq SEL, virtual dash, heated screen.

Now: J12 Nissan Qashqai
1.3 DiG-T MH 158 Xtronic Tekna, Automatic, Petrol arrived 23/12/21