Timing Chain Kit
Crank Shaft Oil Seal
Sump Drain Seal
Spark Plug Set
Ignition Coil Pack
Erling Cylinder Gasket Set
Victor Reinz Head Bolts
Aux Drive Belt

When I got the car back, I noted that accelerating from under 2000rpm gave a slight judder once in a while. This didn't happen before the work. As it wasn't every time, I lived with it for a couple of weeks and then one day:
Car interior smells of petrol
Engine wouldn't start

Took back to garage and diagnosed correctly with new fuel injection O rings required. £200 bill.

So my question is, as the juddering started only after I have received the car back from the garage, is there anything in the above work that could have caused the O ring issue and therefore mean the garage should repair FOC or reduced rate?

Thank in advance.

Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

You need to determine from the official Nissan repair manual - if the fuel injector seals should be replaced each time one or more injectors are removed.

If the manual says yes - the dealership is negligent.
If the manual says no - then I guess you pay
Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

I would have thought as the injectors are in the cylinder head and he had a cylinder head rebuild, they should have been renewed.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
amkdl

Post by amkdl »

Hi, should they have been renewed even if they showed no signs of wear and tear?

Anyway, update is that the garage wold not accept any responsibility, but took off an hour of labour from the bill. So for amnftermarket rings x 4, cost £150. Garage owner said it was a common fault with Qashqai's, and oe of teh consequences of a head rebuild is that this can happen ie rings don't sit properly. Sounds like BS to me?

But... just driven car 1000 mile round trip and it still sometimes judders when accelerating from under around 2000rpm. So injection issue not solved it seems despite new rings.
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

yep sounds like BS
Mikethemechanic

Post by Mikethemechanic »

I am so sorry for hijacking this post. I cannot find how to past for some weird reason.
Is anyone able to please help me with the timing marks for a 2014 j11 1.2 hra2. Car jumped timing after chain stretched, new valves have been fitted now it's time for assembly but there is so much conflicting info.
Many thanks.
Mikethemechanic

Post by Mikethemechanic »

I am so sorry for hijacking this post. I cannot find how to past for some weird reason.
Is anyone able to please help me with the timing marks for a 2014 j11 1.2 hra2. Car jumped timing after chain stretched, new valves have been fitted now it's time for assembly but there is so much conflicting info.
Many thanks