Woodmere Avenue a worldwide phenomena !

The place to discuss everything else..
QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

Watford width restriction is NOT an exception, but because of the guy living near that disgraceful obstruction it seems like it.

We have all seen his Youtube channel I Guess :

The Watford Observer Article :
https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/ ... rce-memes/

But also in other counries Watford is now a household name :
https://www.autovisie.nl/nieuws/wordt-d ... er-wereld/

Unfortunately we have many of these obstructions in other European countries as well !

BTW a few years ago I had my rim and tire messed up because, without any warning sign, a sharp roadblock had been placed 50 yards from my home and because of the bad icy weather conditions I drove into it.
So this is ... personal !

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

They do appear in unexpected places I notice. Some in unlit town entry areas and seemingly to enforce 30mph instead of cameras. Clearly installed to badly damage a vehicle and particularly in poor visibility. I'm having to POI them (as with speed cams) to avoid a pre meditated need to cause serious damage.

We have a dangerous "safety" breed appearing.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Calnorth, discussion is ongoing to ban even these early warning systems to allow for a maximum of... Fines of course. AFAIK In France a lot of these warnings is already banned and big fines are in place if you have speed warnings in any electronic device.
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

QaiFan wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:07 pm Calnorth, discussion is ongoing to ban even these early warning systems to allow for a maximum of... Fines of course. AFAIK In France a lot of these warnings is already banned and big fines are in place if you have speed warnings in any electronic device.
UK has not been influenced by the likes of France or any other pansy territory in this context...thankfully. I'd be more concerned about numb nut policeman wandering about with pistols.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

calnorth wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:58 pm UK has not been influenced by the likes of France or any other pansy territory in this context...thankfully. I'd be more concerned about numb nut policeman wandering about with pistols.
As long as we are not in the US I am not yet too concerned about that.