Engine replacement

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Stevechap
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Stevechap »

Hi everyone , I’m after some advice , we have a 16 plate 1.2 dig t , 50k on the clock , not full dealership service history , hammonds a main dealer in halesworth have had our car for nearly 2 months deciding wether to help us with a new engine or not , yesterday they came back to us and said no , and wanted us to pick our car up on a lorry as the engine was half stripped , (we drove the car to them and was originally told a new chain was required) . They also want us to pay £250 for the privilege of them stripping part of our engine . 8k for a new engine is impossible for us .
Any advise or guidance would be appreciated so much .
I don’t have many days to sort this out .
Thanks in advance.

Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

Get legal advice ref the billing and any contract you entered into.

If a chain failed - contact Nissan directly - regardless of history , the chain should last its useful life time regardless of how many years have passed.
I would also ask for an audience with the dealership General manager - not the service manager.

Its not always necessary to replace a whole engine - its just quicker for a dealer , and it allows them to guarrantee their work - most engines can be rebuilt much cheaper.

Other views will follow - its up to you and your circumstances
Gel

Post by Gel »

pse check your forum messages, for contact I've e mailed you at Nissan UK HO.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Qashowner

Post by Qashowner »

Surely they must give you the car back in the same condition as when you took it in. i.e. driveable
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.