Nissan - Icy Conditions Comments

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This is an attachment issued by Nissan with regard to Icy Conditions. I have also attached an old post just as a reminder for new members. When you live in countries that actually get Winter Weather it is better to be prepared - Sorry if it’s a Bore Dave 😏

“As the change in seasons quickly approaches, Nissan discovers drivers may not be as winter-ready as they think, in advance of the difficult driving conditions brought on by ice and snow and shorter days that follow the switch to wintertime that will take place on Sunday 31 October. In fact, 37% of UK drivers do not feel prepared for winter driving this year and a third (32%) say they do not understand or use their cars’ additional safety features for winter driving”

Icy conditions ahead: Nissan reveals more than one third of drivers do not feel prepared for winter driving this year :
https://uk.nissannews.com/en-GB/release ... -this-year

111FBC67-8596-44F8-B7BF-040E926E6BCD.jpeg

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10246
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

Thank You DaveBerlin, yet another interesting article.
Believe it or not, but the main reason I went for the Tekna+ version was the heated windsceen.
That, IMHO, can prove far more vital than any 20" wheels or full leather seats.
As soon as someone experienced this safety feature on their car(s) I think they would like to keep it forever (just like a.o. heated side-mirrors) !
The one thing I would still be willing to pay extra for is an infrared camera (or similar) that can allow you to somehow 'see' thru tick fog and snow.
Maybe the ... J12b will offer that safety option as well !?
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

No mention of the "new" heated steering wheel in that Nissan article - a first for the Qashqai? :shock: ;)
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

QaiFan, to me this Heated Screen is one of the Best QQ Features. We had on our 1st QQ J11A a “Webasto” Stand Heating System that our Dealer transferred from our Juke. This was nice in the winter when you had to work, but once retired, getting up late etc. it was no longer a priority.. This morning winter has started 1*C Frosty and all the neighbours were out Scrapping or looking for their Sprays, not needed by us 😊 If you leave the Mirrors open in the Winter to stop the Ice / Plastic “Crunching” noise on closing then the Heated Mirrors are also a Bonus.

Sandgrounder, the Heated Steering Wheel IMHO is a “Nice to have Option” but not a Safety Issue. But I must admit I did quitely think this morning the Wheel is very cold, a Heated would be nice 😋
Regards Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

DaveBerlin, I can't agree more!
A few years from now I will be retired too, but IMHO the older we get... The more I appreciate these features, especially also regarding safety!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

QaiFan, attached is some information regarding your interest in “Short Wave lnfrared” Cameras. It appears Porsche has tied up with an Israel Co. called TriEye on this developement. There appears to be some equipment around, but how big and at what cost I am unsure, it looks to be Specialized at present, but it might be worth a read - Dave 🤗

Porsche invests in sensor tech that can see in fog, rain : https://www.motorauthority.com/news/112 ... n-fog-rain

Best Thermal Camera | Thermal Camera Company | Speedir : https://speedir.com/

New LiDAR Detector Enables Self-Driving Cars to See in Sun, Rain, Fog and Snow | Draper : https://www.draper.com/news-releases/ne ... g-and-snow