re; Under bonnet insulation

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
craig1965
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by craig1965 »

I have just purchased a J10 Qashqai - and very pleased I am with it (ex saab owner). I am looking forward to many happy and comfortable journeys ahead.
There are a few things I need to do over the coming weeks, as there always are, but one of the things puzzling me is the absence of the under bonnet black insulation mat. I've no idea why it is missing but I've spent the last couple of days in a fruitless search for a second hand insulation mat. I would rather try to obtain a genuine stock J10 insulation mat and I'm trying to avoid going for new, so does anyone have any suggestions on reliable second hand sellers or breakers for these items please? My alternative option is to purchase one of the many insulating rolls available and manufacture a mat from scratch. But I would rather obtain a genuine J10 mat if possible. Do any of the other nissan variants use the same mat that I could use please?
Thank you for any guidance you can give.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Craig, welcome to the QQ Forum.
You really only have the option of contacting Scrap Yards to get hold of Old Bonnet Insulation or as you have mentioned purchase some material and knock one up. There does appear to be a reasonable amount of New stuff around from various suppliers on the web, but whether the quality meets your needs, or the fitting are correct is another matter.
Anyway all the Best I hope you find something - Dave 😉

This is just an example from over here in “GERMAN” FYI 👍

E787EFE2-EA18-4B2E-8E5C-FB524F8F9ADE.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
craig1965
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by craig1965 »

Thank you Dave for your kind reply. I'd been watching various interweb posts about how to 'fit' various oem insulation - and to be fair, some of it looked extremely good and I liked how it appeared to finish. And I'm sure that most of it is safe and reliable. But in the back of my mind I did have doubts about the longevity and potential risks of a non nissan approved product and at the end of the day, I would like to have stock as much as possible because I believe it's best for the car.
Anyway, having cast my net out to local scrap dealers, I got a hit today from a local merchant to me who has offered me a genuine J10 bonnet insulation for the princely sum of only 15 quid - an absolute bargain. So that's getting picked up next week and I'll grab some clips from the interweb and that's one job off my tick list.
Next to do is the horribly bodged tailgate handle which previous owner used black silicone on. Lovely. There's some kits on the interweb to fix the broken plastic inner clips and put that little issue right. Thank you again for your reply and being a newbie qashqai owner, I must say they are absolutely lovely cars to drive.
Craig
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

Any idea DaveBerlin as to why those images you posted are different shapes? Just generic possibly non-Nissan pictures?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Yup, these are nothing to do with a “Nissan Qashqai J10” and are not Nissan Pics or Parts. But as you can see the heading is exactly that which was searched “J10 Insulation Kit”. The websites tend to generalise to steer you to a particular site and then you have to search for your particular requirement if available - Dave 🤨
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken