Outside / ambient air temperature

Frequently Asked Questions
almayb

Post by almayb »

Does anyone know the correct position of the outside temperature sensor,I believe it’s called Ambient sensor? Also the part number for my 64 plate j11 Tekna?
On the dash display it sometimes shows cooler in summer than it actually is and warmer in winter. Sometimes it seems spot on. I also believe it has an effect on the air con? Very annoying and I just can’t seem to find a definite replacement.
I guess it’s somewhere in front of the radiator?
Thanks for any help.
64 plate 1.5 tekna - Bronze.

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

It should be behind the front bumper and in front of the radiator(s).

Its an NTC Thermistor and is used within cabin Climate Control (AC/Heating) also. So there are two the same. Ambient feeds the dash Temp reading and continues by CAN Bus to the AC Controller module.

The only direct replacement will be from Nissan. Its a simple passive (resistive) device and generic versions are about £10 each. Where to get is a problem though.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
almayb

Post by almayb »

Found it mate hooray. You can get to it through bottom grill and after searching online for weeks it’s OEM 277223RAOA sensor assy-ambient.
Cheapest and fastest for original is from Dubai £24 all in.
64 plate 1.5 tekna - Bronze.
dianying
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by dianying »

Nice answer about the position of the temperature sensor. I remember that I have been presented about it for 5 years when I was learningStickman Boost