Expected delivery and subsequent delays

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Deleted User 1110

Post by Deleted User 1110 »

Ordered mine, Tekna in blue with light grey interior no extras, on 4th April. Was initially told first week in July. That date came and went, no car. Dealer then said end of August. That came and went still no car. Emailed the dealer couple of days ago this was the reply.

“Thank you for your reply.

It keeps changing the last two weeks; I'm waiting for it to settle on a set month before I confirm. I don’t want to say too late or too early unless it stops moving on the Nissan system.

Nissan did say they trying to do some realignments to get orders out sooner.”

So 5 months on from order and still no date. Im on Motability and beginning to wish I’d gone with something else (several friends have picked their new cars up after 2-3 months from order , 1 Kuga and 2 Sportages) Getting to the point now I might just cancel mine and extend the lease on the one I’ve got

SEK
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by SEK »

Thecurefan wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:07 am Ordered mine, Tekna in blue with light grey interior no extras, on 4th April. Was initially told first week in July. That date came and went, no car. Dealer then said end of August. That came and went still no car. Emailed the dealer couple of days ago this was the reply.

It keeps changing the last two weeks; I'm waiting for it to settle on a set month before I confirm. I don’t want to say too late or too early unless it stops moving on the Nissan system.

So 5 months on from order and still no date. Im on Motability and beginning to wish I’d gone with something else (several friends have picked their new cars up after 2-3 months from order , 1 Kuga and 2 Sportages) Getting to the point now I might just cancel mine and extend the lease on the one I’ve got
I am no expert in car manufacturing, but you would assume they would know what will be built when at the factory, so when I get responses like yours, I wonder if the dealer is being genuine and the Nissan ordering process lacks real clarity or if the dealer is just being lazy and cannot be arsed to make enquiries up the chain.

Either way, good luck... hopefully we both get ours soon!
Deleted User 1110

SEK wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:18 am
Thecurefan wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:07 am Ordered mine, Tekna in blue with light grey interior no extras, on 4th April. Was initially told first week in July. That date came and went, no car. Dealer then said end of August. That came and went still no car. Emailed the dealer couple of days ago this was the reply.

[/b]

I am no expert in car manufacturing, but you would assume they would know what will be built when at the factory, so when I get responses like yours, I wonder if the dealer is being genuine and the Nissan ordering process lacks real clarity or if the dealer is just being lazy and cannot be arsed to make enquiries up the chain.

This was my thought, surely there’s someone in an office in Sunderland with a spreadsheet detailing what’s being built and when. The dealer I’m using isnt my normal one as when I went to order they where closing in order to move (due to new franchise) so weren’t taking any orders. All my previous orders I’ve been given an actual delivery date when i ordered, such as 5th of June etc. All Ive had from this dealer is 1st week July followed by “it might be end of August”. I’m also wondering if the demand for e-power Teknas is extremely high as I’ve noticed you cant order one through Motability now.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Sounds more like the grey interior causing hold-ups? But it IS nice!

(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
SEK

Post by SEK »

Thecurefan wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:17 pm
SEK wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:18 am

[/b]

This was my thought, surely there’s someone in an office in Sunderland with a spreadsheet detailing what’s being built and when. The dealer I’m using isnt my normal one as when I went to order they where closing in order to move (due to new franchise) so weren’t taking any orders. All my previous orders I’ve been given an actual delivery date when i ordered, such as 5th of June etc. All Ive had from this dealer is 1st week July followed by “it might be end of August”. I’m also wondering if the demand for e-power Teknas is extremely high as I’ve noticed you cant order one through Motability now.

I am sorry to hear of your struggles too, shame when a good staff are changed when ownership changes.

I got off the call with my dealer and they said there was a date for mid-Sept and now there is no date showing anymore so they do not know what that means!
beauky88

Post by beauky88 »

I know how u feel

I ordered on 7th April also motabilty customer
Told me 15th June then 25th September now saying middle of October

have you heard anymore?
Qashqai Tekna epower grey Metallica with bose

Currently waiting for delivery from ordering from april 23- expected June 23
SEK

Post by SEK »

beauky88 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:04 pm I know how u feel

have you heard anymore?
Hello, I ordered Jan 2023, was pushed back from July to August to September. I was recently told that due to "unknown" reasons it will now most likely be November 2023 :(
Deleted User 1110

beauky88 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:04 pm I know how u feel

have you heard anymore?
I haven’t heard anymore since my last contact with the dealer. To me it seems like no one (whether Nissan or dealer) has a clue what is going on or indeed even cares. Did ask Motability if i could cancel my order and extend my current lease. Sadly for me they said my currrent car mileage was too high to extend so it seems i have no choice but to wait. Have to say this will more than likely be the last Nissan I get.
Armchair

Post by Armchair »

Update for anyone living in the UK.

My QQ E-power N-connecta in gun metallic has arrived at the dealership and will be ready for collection on the 26th of September.

I made my order in mid-June so that means the whole process will have taken about 15 weeks for me.

I had no custom options other than a welcome pack and water-resistant treatment, so this was essentially a default spec E-power N-connecta.

Hope everyone else hears some good news soon.
Deleted User 1110

I’m now at week 24 and still no news. It appears to be Teknas that are delayed for reasons that appear to be unknown.