Expected delivery and subsequent delays

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Albl14
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Albl14 »

Hi all,

We ordered our new Tekna at the beginning of August with an expected date of December, this then got pushed back to March (like many others!). Then at the end of November we got a call to say the car was due to arrive on the 17th December. I called for an update on 15th December and was told the car was all built and finished and was just waiting to be allocated to a delivery but I would have it the following week. Our salesman then returned from annual leave to say due to covid they have no clue when the car will arrive! Called for another update last week and was told the car is “in transit” but that could mean it could turn up the next day or two weeks time 🙈. Is anyone else having these issues after being given their date?

hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

Sounds a very common tale with all manufacturers at the moment.

It is not personal but just the state of play due to logistic shortages, unpredictable component availablity and the impact of covid causing thousands of new people each day to start self isolating.

Just sit back and await your new QQ arriving.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
Hackney

Post by Hackney »

hootintootin wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:44 am Sounds a very common tale with all manufacturers at the moment.

It is not personal but just the state of play due to logistic shortages, unpredictable component availablity and the impact of covid causing thousands of new people each day to start self isolating.

Try & get a RAV4 Hybrid here in Australia!You are looking @ about 6 months.
Living the dream!
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

Hackney wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:47 am
hootintootin wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:44 am Sounds a very common tale with all manufacturers at the moment.

Try & get a RAV4 Hybrid here in Australia!You are looking @ about 6 months.
Try and get a Land Rover in the UK...well you can't really....not until 2023 if you're lucky unless you opt for one of those electric things. Getting the QQ within 4 months was pretty good going.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
Albl14

Post by Albl14 »

I completely understand that, the other thing is that our dealer is saying their yet to receive the VIN number of the car and we can’t set up any finance documents until they get that (which they did mention they’d have at least a month before the car was delivered). All previous cars (albeit not Nissan’s) have had all paper work signed off and so when the car arrived it was just a case of picking up the car rather than waiting for approval etc.
sbrace06

Post by sbrace06 »

Albl14 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:59 pm Hi all,

We ordered our new Tekna at the beginning of August with an expected date of December, this then got pushed back to March (like many others!). Then at the end of November we got a call to say the car was due to arrive on the 17th December. I called for an update on 15th December and was told the car was all built and finished and was just waiting to be allocated to a delivery but I would have it the following week. Our salesman then returned from annual leave to say due to covid they have no clue when the car will arrive! Called for another update last week and was told the car is “in transit” but that could mean it could turn up the next day or two weeks time 🙈. Is anyone else having these issues after being given their date?

Mine came 2 weeks earlier than they said it would but did take 5 months.
realraptor06

Post by realraptor06 »

Here in Spain I´m still waiting for my QQ Automatic Tekna I ordered mid september. So far the only thing I know is I will get it mid to end february, so far no exact date, so I´m not really optimistic about a february delivery.
So far I didnt even recieved the email that changes the status from ordered to in production so dont really know

But Nissan was so kind as to rent me a car untill my QQ arrives, with no fees. Basically I have an Opel Corsa rented for which I dont pay anything so at least I have that going for me :)
Still, cant wait for the QQ
DuffersMum

Post by DuffersMum »

Just had an email from the dealer about our new car...we now have an initial date, being sometime during week ending 22nd April 🙄 that will make it 6 months since we ordered. They did say now production is up and running after the Christmas break it might be earlier but hopefully it won’t be any later...
Awaiting delivery of QQ Tekna+ hurry up please, I’m impatient :D )
Westerhope 113

Post by Westerhope 113 »

When did you place your order?

I ordered mine 27th Dec so no doubt have a long wait ahead.
DuffersMum

Post by DuffersMum »

Westerhope 113 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:30 pm When did you place your order?

I ordered mine 27th Dec so no doubt have a long wait ahead.
Ordered mid October
Awaiting delivery of QQ Tekna+ hurry up please, I’m impatient :D )