Expected delivery and subsequent delays

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
DuffersMum
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by DuffersMum »

I agree, our dealer told us the date they gave us is just the date they hope it will be delivered...I’m assuming we will be waiting till late Spring or early summer...I have no patience at all :o
Awaiting delivery of QQ Tekna+ hurry up please, I’m impatient :D )

QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

There is hope for though ... I also read deliveries happen unexpectedly, sometimes much earlier than thought !
willip10

Post by willip10 »

Jezz wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:26 pm So you’ve got an estimated date then? Great.

That’s what I’m after.
It's an estimate which you cant really go by. I ordered a Tekna Plus on the 3rd of July, got an estimated date of October 20th, which changed to Dec 10th now that has changed until March 2022. Unless you want a second-hand car, it's the same for every manufacturer unless they have old stock available now.
2021 Nissan Qashqai Tekna + 158 - Fugi Sunset Red / Black Roof Auto 4WD
sbrace06

Post by sbrace06 »

My tekna plus was ordered 15 July, advised 23 dec delivery which was changed to 10/12 but it came yesterday
Exskoda

Post by Exskoda »

Do dealers contact you when it arrives with them or when it is on it way. As it seems most dealers seem surprised when cars turn up! My ETA the 17th December order date late August for a Tekna.
Before Skoda Karoq SEL, virtual dash, heated screen.

Now: J12 Nissan Qashqai
1.3 DiG-T MH 158 Xtronic Tekna, Automatic, Petrol arrived 23/12/21
Jezz
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Jezz »

Oh dear, it seems like everyone is having the same sort of experience then.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is this; yes there is a global shortage of micro chips, a shortage of some metals required in the construction, and staff shortages due to illness/isolation, but these are just some of the many factors effecting the bigger picture of daily life for a worldwide company.

The crux of the issue for me is how they respond to the challenges, and how information is then shared with the dealers and customers.

Going dark does nothing but create it's own problems and frustrations.

The orders we place are logged on a system and are then allocated a schedule in the production run. Forecasts are then made for the raw materials, components and staff levels required to deliver them. The staff don't simply sit in the factory, wondering if the delivery guy is going to show up with a load of sheet metal or a box of micro chips. Companies simply cannot operate like that.

I think it's fair to say the dealers are caught in the middle, yes they could be more motivated in chasing the information, but Nissan need to do better in communicating the position in a queue that the customer is allocated. Simply saying "we don't know when your order will be ready", or overestimating the delay to then 'surprise' everyone by delivering it out of the blue is a bit off, and diminishes the perception of a brand's reliability.

I think that's why I'm frustrated. I'm happy to wait, but at least give me a date (...preferably that's realistic) Is that too much to ask?
Steve101
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Steve101 »

Jezz wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:40 am Oh dear, it seems like everyone is having the same sort of experience then.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is this; yes there is a global shortage of micro chips, a shortage of some metals required in the construction, and staff shortages due to illness/isolation, but these are just some of the many factors effecting the bigger picture of daily life for a worldwide company.

The crux of the issue for me is how they respond to the challenges, and how information is then shared with the dealers and customers.

Going dark does nothing but create it's own problems and frustrations.

The orders we place are logged on a system and are then allocated a schedule in the production run. Forecasts are then made for the raw materials, components and staff levels required to deliver them. The staff don't simply sit in the factory, wondering if the delivery guy is going to show up with a load of sheet metal or a box of micro chips. Companies simply cannot operate like that.

I think it's fair to say the dealers are caught in the middle, yes they could be more motivated in chasing the information, but Nissan need to do better in communicating the position in a queue that the customer is allocated. Simply saying "we don't know when your order will be ready", or overestimating the delay to then 'surprise' everyone by delivering it out of the blue is a bit off, and diminishes the perception of a brand's reliability.

I think that's why I'm frustrated. I'm happy to wait, but at least give me a date (...preferably that's realistic) Is that too much to ask?
Your analysis is spot on. And it is not too much to expect an anticipated date for delivery.
Tekna J12, magnetic blue, black roof.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Jezz - welcome to this forum.

To be honest I wouldn't have ordered a car if I hadn't got at least an estimated delivery date.

I've only bought a new car once, and for this one I was advised "3 weeks" and it took 3 weeks!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
realraptor06

Post by realraptor06 »

I just got word back from the Dealership. They said my automatic tekna will be delivered on the second half of February. Ordered mid September. They dont know the exact date tho. So that´s about 5 and a half months from the initial 2-3 months they told me. I told them that either they try to find another automatic tekna in another dealership or I will cancel my order and they´re looking into it. Apparently they have manual teknas or automatic n-connectas in the dealership but seems like the automatic teknas are very rare, or so I was told. I´m from Spain, btw, if that makes any difference. The dealership also told me that they are instructed to give about 7 or 8 months delay on any new order right now, so I don't think things are improving. Think I´ll wait for my car anyways even if they dont manage to find me another one that´s already build but want to see what happens if I put some pressure. They seem very eager to help when they hear you want to cancel. Seems a lot of people are looking into second hand or km0 cars these days.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

realraptor06, it depends on the car you are driving today too or not ?
If it fails before J12 delivery the dealership should attend to it, I'm quite sure of that since otherwise ... they indeed *will* loose a customer.