Wing mirrors whistle at speed

Bodywork & Interior problems
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Squashy2, you seem to have hit the important point as this is mentioned a lot regarding Wing Mirror Noise and obviously needs playing around with and Taping - Dave 👍
Typical Comment :
“When you get home, cut a strip of velcro and stick it on the backside of the mirror wherever your hand caused the whistling to stop. That should do it. If not, just use another piece of velcro (of the opposite type, hook or loop) and stick it onto the piece you just stuck to the mirror.” (Adhesive Tape)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Tekno
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Tekno »

Really helpful guys thanks. I did unsuccessfully try the tape idea but will give it another go. Will confirm if I solve.
Squashy2
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Squashy2 »

On the issue of noises, after we had the QQ for several weeks I could hear a slight humming coming from the front, thought it was maybe a wheel bearing, but at only 19000 miles did think it strange, however I replaced all four tyres (Bridgestones for Uniroyals) and all is silent again 👍
I personally think that as every car is different thus our creaks, squeaks and whistles are too, hardest and moreover a time consuming part is trying to narrow them down and rectifying, luckily though it's usually free or a relatively low cost option.
2018 Acenta 1.2 DIG-T in Gunmetal grey.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

Previous QQ 2007 1.6 petrol Acenta (102K miles)