Flashing handbrake light + flashing P light

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

mrmatrix wrote: ↑Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:34 am Guys I feel bamboozled by all the above technical info. πŸ€”
Not sure what to think.

Breaks are OK.
Cables - couldn't tell.

I'm not sure now if I should be worrying?
The lights have gone.
Nothing to worry about?
Your only worry really is that the Parking Brake will not work when you expect it to. Its not the old and reliable manual steel cable handbrake. We all need to be wary of an electro mechanical system to prevent the car from rolling off unexpectedly.

The warnings relate to an error within the system that is either permanent or intermittent. Only a Nissan special tool can detect the presence of the error and in many instances its past occurrence(s). You either live with it or have it checked.

Personally I think this system is unnecessary and far too expensive for the function it provides.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

duplicate
Last edited by Qashowner on Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
Qashowner

Post by Qashowner »

Qashowner wrote: ↑Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:49 am
mrmatrix wrote: ↑Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:34 am Guys I feel bamboozled by all the above technical info. πŸ€”
Not sure what to think.

Breaks are OK.
Cables - couldn't tell.

I'm not sure now if I should be worrying?
The lights have gone.
Nothing to worry about?
Pretty certain on a J11 there are no cables, the "handbrake" is electrically operated by a screw, as Calnorth says it's just an annoyance :D
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
Qashowner

Post by Qashowner »

duplicate
Qashowner

Post by Qashowner »

duplicate
Brybry

Post by Brybry »

Hi guys , handbrake light flashing, P Flashing and yellow ,! Warning ⚠️ on when driving , brakes ok handbrake ok brake fluid ok Stop and check all Operated handbrake on /off and drove home All lights off , anything else I need to do
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Brybry wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:46 pm Hi guys , handbrake light flashing, P Flashing and yellow ,! Warning ⚠️ on when driving , brakes ok handbrake ok brake fluid ok Stop and check all Operated handbrake on /off and drove home All lights off , anything else I need to do

The yellow lamp warning signifies a fault from the Parking Brake System. There are various error codes (DTCs) related to this system which need to be scanned. Without them its guesswork.

Fault signal arises from the Electronic Parking Brake Control Module which handles quite a number of input/output signals. The DTCs could isolate the problem.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Basmanmech

Post by Basmanmech »

Hi. I had the same problem last year and both callipers were replaced. Β£400 each! Luckily it was done under warranty as I had this included in the purchase of this pre owned car. This appeared to solve the problem, until now . It has occurred again and has gone into the garage and they could not replicate or find a problem . So frustrating.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Basmanmech wrote: ↑Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:40 pm Hi. I had the same problem last year and both callipers were replaced. Β£400 each! Luckily it was done under warranty as I had this included in the purchase of this pre owned car. This appeared to solve the problem, until now . It has occurred again and has gone into the garage and they could not replicate or find a problem . So frustrating.

For that light to occur would indicate problems from related:

Sensors
Wiring/Plugs
ABS Actuator Module.
CAN Bus issue?

However, looking at the Nissan diagnostic document I note that Parking Brake is not well explained. Very little/poor info which might give them a problem? There is no logical procedure for them to follow unless the document I have is too old?
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

I had the same problem and even did two videos on the subject.
It stroke me first that the LED light on the brake switch flashed when engaged. (instead of a steady light)
On the dash the yellow icoon showed as well. It disappeared when restarting the car but came back several times.
In the workshop the saw that the right brake calliper had troubles releasing but at that moment the problem didn't occur any longer.
We therefor decided to wait.

Just after the warranty the problem appeared again and remained.
I took the car in and as the problem was known during warranty Nissan took the parts on its account, I only had to pay for the hours.
They had to replace the brake module (: €1000,-) as they found 5 different errors.
Never had the problem since.

Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS