Tyres

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Fujikun
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Fujikun »

I've just had a nail in my tyre, of course its not repairable as 12mm from the wall, so new tyre.
The 4 tyres on the car are michelin pilot sport.
The car has only done 16000 miles so I'm thinking tyres are original.
Here's the point, on looking at other low milage teknas, which must be also on original tyres, they are different makes. Some are same as mine, other cars different.Wouldn't you think when new all qashqai variants would have the same tyres, or is it a supply thing when the cars are new?

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Fujikun, this is the Manufacturers Business Policy. When you shop around you are look for the cheapest price. Car Manufacturers tend to follow the same procedure and naturally buy in Bulk and they use also different Tyre Manufacturers to obtain the Best Price & Cost Saving which = more profit.
Our J11B Tekna + had Dunlop’s Installed when received from the UK, I spoke to our Dealer and asked him to change them to Michelin Sport as these have some Side Wall Protection for Kerbing, which he did - Dave 😏
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Fujikun

Post by Fujikun »

Thanks for that dave, common sense when yo explained it, I just never thought about it before, ha