TPMS sensor location does not change after rotation

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
dfka_dk
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by dfka_dk »

Sorry for the delay, the car was at service yesterday and I wanted to be 100% sure that the text from the 2019 handbook is the same as in mine, which is the case.

Unfortunately, I had already tried the methods from both handbooks mentioned here without luck.

The sensors are picked up correctly when swapping tires, they are just in the wrong position, so maybe the receivers have been mixed up. I’ll try to contact the Nissan dealer.

Thanks.

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

There is no info on the Nissan TPMS system that I can find. A number of other systems clone sensors to each wheel position which would be useful in the case of a 2nd tyre set. Or replacing a sensor. This situation heads off to a dealer procedure and possibly general tyre fitters?

Cloning appears to simplify ECU TPMS re-configuration..if you had the related TPMS tool?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
dfka_dk

Post by dfka_dk »

I talked to a guy at the local Nissan service center, and he told me that I would have to take my car to them and pay a re-calibration fee every time I rotate them.
Steve-Cardiff
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Steve-Cardiff »

Hi, I just swapped a front and rear tyre on my 2014 Qashqui and followed the instructions above and the sensors swapped position automatically. I switched on engine with car stationary for 20 mins and then drove a mile or so. When the sensors first activated they were still wrong - but within a few minutes they had swapped to the correct positions.
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

Steve-Cardiff wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:54 pm Hi, I just swapped a front and rear tyre on my 2014 Qashqui and followed the instructions above and the sensors swapped position automatically. I switched on engine with car stationary for 20 mins and then drove a mile or so. When the sensors first activated they were still wrong - but within a few minutes they had swapped to the correct positions.
Hope you change the tyre pressue as the rear ones will need more air in now there at the front.
Pulkitjain87

Post by Pulkitjain87 »

Dfka_dk — how did you resolve it ? I am having the exact same issue
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

Pulkitjain87 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:33 am Dfka_dk — how did you resolve it ? I am having the exact same issue
What problem you got ??
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

Specifically states in the workshop manual after tire rotation to carry out sensor ID register.

It does not re locate sensors automatically. If it did then there would be no point in setting their positions when carrying out a tpms sensor coding procedure! When coding sensors in you have to set all of their positions if you rotate tyres then you need to carry out ID register which erases all TPMS ID'S and then you have to register them in the order stated on the scan tool.

Once you've done that you need to carry out the calibrate procedure which is in the setting on the HUD, this resets the tempreture reference value also resets the TPMS system.
NormanL
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by NormanL »

lewisbryant wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:24 am Specifically states in the workshop manual after tire rotation to carry out sensor ID register.

It does not re locate sensors automatically. If it did then there would be no point in setting their find phenq at amazon positions when carrying out a tpms sensor coding procedure! When coding sensors in you have to set all of their positions if you rotate tyres then you need to carry out ID register which erases all TPMS ID'S and then you have to register them in the order stated on the scan tool.

Once you've done that you need to carry out the calibrate procedure which is in the setting on the HUD, this resets the tempreture reference value also resets the TPMS system.
Ok, we have to go to settings when rotation is needed.
Last edited by NormanL on Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

NormanL wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:03 am
lewisbryant wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:24 am Specifically states in the workshop manual after tire rotation to carry out sensor ID register.

It does not re locate sensors automatically. If it did then there would be no point in setting their positions when carrying out a tpms sensor coding procedure! When coding sensors in you have to set all of their positions if you rotate tyres then you need to carry out ID register which erases all TPMS ID'S and then you have to register them in the order stated on the scan tool.

Ok, we have to go to settings when rotation is needed.
You have to have the ID'S re registered their locations using a diagnostic tool/tpms tool then go to settings after rotation