Replacement horn recommendations

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
collywobble
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by collywobble »

Yes, these are the ones I bought and each individual horn has a bracket - but- the J10 only comes with a single horn and the parts list diagram only gives one part number for both the original horn and bracket. So do you fit both new horns using the single mounting point on the car? As the job involves removing the front bumper I only want to remove it once and upgrade the fog light bulbs at the same time!

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

That's a pity - I did the conversion on the J11 without touching the bumper.

I used the same mounting point for both:

Original horn:

IMG_7096 (Large).JPG

New horns:

IMG_7097 (Large).JPG

(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Oghandaren
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Oghandaren »

It's always a good idea to check out online reviews. I've been down that road myself, searching for the perfect horn that fits both my style and the car's vibe.

One source I stumbled upon and found pretty handy is bosshorn.com. They often have insights and user reviews that can point you in the right direction. It's not an ad, just a friendly tip from one car enthusiast to another.

The great thing about digging into reviews is that you get real-world experiences from folks who've been there honked that. It can save you the hassle of trial and error, making sure you pick the horn that hits all the right notes.