Heater Blower

ICE, Equipment, Options
Stu04
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Stu04 »

Hi, I was wondering if any one knew how the heater blower for the cabin of a J11 Qashqai actually works. I have had my vehicle just over a month and when using the heater find that the fan cuts out even when I have it on full power and top temp. It runs for so long the seems to switch off and a gentle breeze emits from the vents. I asked at the garage I purchased it from and they say it is the way the vehicle is designed,
Thanks in advance
Stu

lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

Replace the blower motor transistor
Stu04

Post by Stu04 »

Where would that be located on the vehicle please.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Stu04 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:06 pm Where would that be located on the vehicle please.

As far as I can tell its an electronic module mounted at the rear of the cabin Air Con/Heater centre unit...about midway and appears to be accessible from the passenger side. Couple of bolts or similar.

Screenshot 202.png

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Daverj

Post by Daverj »

If you use the Auto setting the fan will adjust automatically to maintain the set temperature. Just a thought
Mar 20 1.3 DIG-T 160 Tekna manual in Red
Stu04

Post by Stu04 »

I have tried the automatic and manual modes. The blower works for a while then switches off even thought the display is showing full. On the way home tonight I turned the A/C to min temp nothing happened no increase in the fan speed. If I turn the unit off and back on this seems to kick it back to life, but only for a short time. the other problem with it is I have to have the A/C on permantly or the car fogs up and I can't see. Surely there is something amiss but as I said the garage I bought it from says there is not a problem.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Stu04 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:23 pm I have tried the automatic and manual modes. The blower works for a while then switches off even thought the display is showing full. On the way home tonight I turned the A/C to min temp nothing happened no increase in the fan speed. If I turn the unit off and back on this seems to kick it back to life, but only for a short time. the other problem with it is I have to have the A/C on permantly or the car fogs up and I can't see. Surely there is something amiss but as I said the garage I bought it from says there is not a problem.
If you cannot control the heating there is a problem and the garage is wrong. Was that a Nissan dealer?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Welshmale60

Post by Welshmale60 »

I’m got the same problem any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

It's the transistor that has failed. Before they used transistors they used resistor packs which would apply a resistance to feed of the blower motor lowering the current and voltage which changed the speed and then speed 4 was straight through sometimes even bypassed the resistor pack which was a good way of diagnosing them if it works on 4 but not in 1 2 or 3 then it's usually the pack.

Nowadays they use a power transistor unit which allows them to use more than just 4 fan speeds, this unit communicates with the auto amp and the auto amp communicates back, so they talk to each other. When theres a fault with the power transistor the auto amp sends a signal to the power transistor to run at minimum regardless of what the user is requesting, but as the display is again it's own unit and just communicates with the auto amp it still shows you your request and not the request the auto amp is sending the power transistor unit. Anyway it's the power transistor that fails when this symptom occurs. I've yet to see anything cause this same issue.
Big Drewy

Post by Big Drewy »

I believe the cost of this is £112.00 + vat and is dealer supply only. Can this be right???
Thx in advance