Rear passenger side LED lights out along with number plate light and glove box light?

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
LeParc
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by LeParc »

Hi everyone new to forum I’ve had a search but can’t seem to find answer to my question . Hopefully someone has come across this and can help. Rear passenger side LED light , number plate light and glove box light all out. Brakes reversing lights and rear drivers side LED all fine? I’ve taken it to a garage and they seem to think it maybe the IPDM?
Has anyone any ideas or come across this issue?
Is it a case of take it to the main dealers or something a garage could do ?
Appreciate any help
Thanks

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

According to Diagnostic diagrams IPDM supplies the Glove Box lamp (non LED) which also powers the Audio/Nav unit. Check the condition of that lamp and its connector. This is Internal Electrics

The Number plate and Tail lamp is External Electrics and also powered by IPDM. These lamps are driven within IPDM by Smart FETs, which is a type of power control semiconductor. Fuses do not individually protect the lighting system.

It gets a little more complicated than that because Body Control Module (BCM) is involved for certain lighting functions....like turn indicators.

A garage will not have the IPDM circuit info so its to the dealer I'm afraid. It might be connector trouble?
Last edited by calnorth on Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
LeParc

Post by LeParc »

Thanks I feared that would be the case
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

calnorth always gives great answers to such questions! :o
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)