ALL-NEW NISSAN QASHQAI BREAKS COVER

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
garzooz
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by garzooz »

Hi all - I'm new to the forum. I recently got a new 3rd generation Qashqai, Premier edition Xtronic. I've owned very few cars in my life and this is my first automatic (and CVT at that), and first Nissan. It was very much an impulse buy - I have my first bambino on the way and needed to upgrade from a Fiat 500c. While in the store room browsing the new Qashqai I got a great deal with part exchange and just bit the bullet. So far - very happy.

Happy to answer any questions you may have on the car.

Someone asked about Apple CarPlay and if the navigation via CarPlay appeared on the heads-up display - sadly not. All I've noticed so far from CarPlay in the heads-up display were track changes (I use Spotify for music).

QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

garzooz wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:50 pm All I've noticed so far from CarPlay in the heads-up display were track changes (I use Spotify for music).
Thanks Garzooz.
That's what I was afraid off :idea:
It does not really surprise me though since there are many navigation Carplay/AA Apps out there and these may all use different API calls.
Probably only Spotify was implemented too (as that track/album art does look great to be shown alongside TomTom navigation in the HUD/Dash).
I do hope I can figure out somehow in what way the main TomTom Navigation regional map can be 'automatically/seamlessly'(???) updated ... like what is possible with Google Maps/Waze :?:
Thanks
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

Some positive news on the MPG front - a couple of people have left their comments (via Facebook groups). Not sure whether they had manual or automatic versions though :?
First run out. Lancs to Somerset 259mls with 285mls left in the tank 48mpg average and travelpilot on. What a pleasure to drive.
Had mine 4 weeks today best mpg 58.7
Source: Facebook ©

:)
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

AA and Carplay integration in Dash and HUD
- AFAIK most car infotainment systems, even of 2021 car models, do *not allow* AA / Carplay navigation Apps to be shown in the digital dashboard, nor HUD
- This seems (in most cases anyway) possible with default in-car navigation apps (being TomTom in-car navigation of a.o. Nissan)
- This does seem possible if the infotainment system supports "mirrorlink" of some kind
- IMHO if TomTom (including its App and map updates) works perfectly this will/would not be a real issue because it does have a traffic and speed camera warning system.
ken1970
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by ken1970 »

Can anyone advise on the power and quality of the bose 10 speaker sound system in the new qashqai?As it got that "wow" factor or just bit bettet than the standard one.is it worth the paying for the upgrade in tekna spec as im unsure whether to do that or go for tekna + with few mkre toys with bose included
NO detailed youtube videos cover the soundsystem alone .
Thanks for replies if any in advance
Ken
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

I have the Tekna + with the Bose system and I love it. But I am no audio expert. I have seen one YouTube video where the audio tester claimed this Bose system was ok, but not great. He didn't mention what he was comparing it to and people can easily claim anything on YouTube so... FWIW.
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

I have the Tekna...which I don't think has the BOSE system. The audio is excellent.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
Hackney

Post by Hackney »

Hi guys,we are not expected to see the new one until the first quarter of this year(Australia).Ours will more than likely come in three variants,’ST’,’ST-L & ‘TI’(top grade variant) all will come with the CVT,the only manual available(I suspect will be the base ‘ST’ variant.)What are the general,consensus on the new one?I had the previous gen(J11,2016) TI variant)absolutely no issues with it.
Living the dream!
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

Hackney wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:51 pm Hi guys,we are not expected to see the new one until the first quarter of this year(Australia).Ours will more than likely come in three variants,’ST’,’ST-L & ‘TI’(top grade variant) all will come with the CVT,the only manual available(I suspect will be the base ‘ST’ variant.)What are the general,consensus on the new one?I had the previous gen(J11,2016) TI variant)absolutely no issues with it.
See my thoughts so far in this thread viewtopic.php?p=91487#p91487
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021