Car may not be fixed under warranty…

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Qashqai21
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Qashqai21 »

Hi all,
I’m not sure really whether to post this, but I’m hoping someone may have been in my position so that I’m prepared for Friday.
My 21 Qashqai that I’ve had since new leaks in the driver footwell and passenger side door. It was booked in 6 months ago and they diagnosed the problem as the windscreen. It was only booked in almost 2 weeks ago for replacement due to another part.
Anyway, that didn’t resolve the issue and they can’t figure out a way to repair it. They have said that they’ve got until this Friday, then we need to discuss options to refuse the car/new car.
Has anyone gone through this before? I’m a bit peeved to be honest - a ‘like for like’ would likely mean a second hand car, which I don’t know how it’s been looked after/driven previously. If I start again, car prices and interest rates have increased significantly.
Of course, these are just scenarios I have thought of based on ombudsman guidance, but if anyone has any tips/knowledge, I’d be grateful :)

Fujikun
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Fujikun »

Haven't been in your position but surely a 3 year warranty is what it says. I would go to another dealer or contact nissan customer services about it.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

I'd have thought it was too late to reject the car. And they couldn't replace it since it's been superseded. If they will swap for an equivalent secondhand one then I'd take it.

Certainly follow fujikun's advice first.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)