Issues… more issues

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
EJT19
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by EJT19 »

Hi all, I have had my car since November 2021 and it appears the screen keeps going blank on the infotainment part. Then the gears are quite rough when changing and don’t slot in smoothly. Often I can try and drop to 3rd and it just doesn’t go in, as I have to force it to neutral before.

Then this morning I’ve gone to start the engine and it was very delayed on the ignition which I thought nothing of until I’ve then got back in it to leave work and then it was just not firing up like there were no spark to it.

It’s booked in next week but just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues?

Thanks

QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

ETJ19, all these issues ... only recently or some since november !???
If I understand correctly this is a truly horrible J12 you got !?
About the car not starting... Then I always think of the battery (or batteries) !?
We have read a few reports here that qashqai batteries can malfunction, even after a few days or months.
Something must be really wrong with it though ... hope you can return it or ... if the dealership agrees then sell it back to them !???
:?:
EJT19

Post by EJT19 »

Hi..

There have been more issues previously that I’ve posted.

Hopefully they do sort it because I’ve put a lot of money in to it so I wouldn’t want to have to just swap it.

I’ve had it all ceramic coated when I first got it and then I’ve had all the roof, pillars, wing mirrors, spoiler, antenna and boot edging wrapped in gloss black. I’ve had the rear windows in a darker shade of tint and if I didn’t get another, I’ve got the genuine Nissan roof rails so I’ll lose out on a lot of money ;(

I hope it’s an easy fix and I’ll wait to see if anyone else has had similar issues and what were suggested :)
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

In that case I do hope there will be an easy fix for all those issues!
This is not reassuring for any QQ J12 Owner though. My J12 is only a bit 'younger' than yours so I better keep my fingers crossed.
I do remember you had all those Mods to your car.
That's great if you intend to keep the car for a very long time, but of course in the mean time you are driving a Unique and personalized qashqai!
:!:
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

Sorry can't help as no issues with mine. The sometimes 'navigation is loading' message lingering for too long and the cameras freezing slightly on reversing have been fixed with the last s/w update.

Xtronic box is as sweet as a nut and soo easy to drive.

Some Nissan service centres are less than capable..so if one can't fix it don't hesitate to try another one. If that doesn't work log an issue direct with Nissan.

Hope they get it fixed. Problems seem pretty rare given the number that are on the roads now. J12 is much better than J10/11 so far.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Hootintootin, navigation loading... Could it not mean a new, updated version of the map is downloading first?
I wonder this could be the case because one map (own region or country) is supposedly constantly (???)
updated automatically.

EjT19, those issues with the mt6 gears should imho be fixed asap as it may cause permanent damage and would be very expensive later if the warranty is expired!
The manual gearbox is not the best I enjoyed in other cars, but what you describe is completely different of course!
Was that gearbox awful from the beginning?
EJT19

Post by EJT19 »

Hi,

I did notice it to begin with and thought maybe that’s how it’s designed but it seems to be getting stuck more now when trying to slot it in place.

I’ll see what they say next Friday… no doubt they say it’s fine haha!
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

QaiFan wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:47 am Hootintootin, navigation loading... Could it not mean a new, updated version of the map is downloading first?
I wonder this could be the case because one map (own region or country) is supposedly constantly (???)
updated automatically.

I'd say not as the issue only happened occasionally and hasn't been seen since the last software version installed.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

hootintooin you are most probably right.

[Another explanation might be that map updates now happens in the background while driving ???]
EJT19

Post by EJT19 »

I’ve taken the car and it needs a new gear pipe and screen.

They’re awaiting warranty approval and then I’ve to take it back as I can’t keep the loan car.

Shame as I love it! They gave me an automatic and I am kind of regretting having manual now