Auto stop start

The place to discuss everything else..
Joker55
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Joker55 »

I am new to the forum so i hope this is ok,,i have got a 64 plateQashqai Acenta premium which i have had for three years,the auto stop start works fine and understand how it works but what happens is that the auto stop start when switched off at the button automatically switches itself on and vice versa ,it happens when the engine is ticking over or travelling at a different speed and can happen a few times on a journey the engine never cuts out only falters for a split second,i had the battery checked and 12.6volts wit engine off and 14.6with engine running any help would be appreciated thankyou

Joker55

Post by Joker55 »

A little more info about my stop start,when the engine faltered today it came up with chassis control fault,and collision light illuminated ,i pulled over and switched off the engine and when i started up again all the faults had cleared ,when i checked the output voltage the engine started at 12.8 volts and its output was13.4 to 13.8volts when travelling at 50mph then suddenly it was spiking to 14.8 volts but 90%of the time it was steady at only 13.5 volts ,also
every now and then the engine faulters for a split second with no warning lights showing .never had this problem with a diesel before could it be battery problem which is showing 12.6 volts before starting and been on vehicle for 3.5 years or more or is it alternator problem ,any help would be great..
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

There are approx 30 conditions that the ECU logically decides upon to initiate a stop/start sequence. Meaning when ready to stop or start (restart) the engine. What you seem to suffer is the ECU deciding to stop the engine and is immediately countered during the time the engine is still firing...or running. Hence the faltering effect.

I don't think this is a DIY job because the multiple conditions (electronic signals) need to be viewed as regards behavior, and whats happening with the ECU. Its a Nissan dealer job really.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Joker55

Post by Joker55 »

Many thanks calnorth will make some enquiries, the last time it went into a dealer they were charging £118 per hour plus parts and still had the same problems but will give them a call, many thanks
Joker55

Post by Joker55 »

Been out in qashqai today and done over 60 miles and that includes city centre driving and it has run as sweet as a nut ,no stop start faults nothing at all ,while stood in traffic stop start has worked excellent,car run like a new one ,before today the stop start activated itself on and off when revs were low for the gear i was in and to be honest i nave been driving like a bit of a grandad,but today i have used the gearbox a little more aggressive but not too much could this be the problem ?.
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Joker55 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:45 pm Been out in qashqai today and done over 60 miles and that includes city centre driving and it has run as sweet as a nut ,no stop start faults nothing at all ,while stood in traffic stop start has worked excellent,car run like a new one ,before today the stop start activated itself on and off when revs were low for the gear i was in and to be honest i nave been driving like a bit of a grandad,but today i have used the gearbox a little more aggressive but not too much could this be the problem ?.

Its too difficult to diagnose from a distance
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Joker55

Post by Joker55 »

Auto stop start still working as it should but the problem of stop start activating while travelling has returned ,you can travel 15 to 20 miles and it is fine then the auto stop start activates and the engine falters for a micro second then it wont happen for another 10 miles .There is no engine managment light on had it in the garage and it is not showing any faults.Had it down the motorway at 70 mph no problems at all but always seems to happen round about 30 to 40 mph never when the engine is at reasonably high revs any help would be much appreciated thank you
Joker55

Post by Joker55 »

For a couple of months the stop start on my 64 plate 1.5 acenta premium diesel has not given hardly any problems ,but today whilst parking outside the house the engine just stopped and all warning lights were displayed on the dash along with low oil pressure warning ,service due ,system fault,and a few others i cannot remember,pressed the start button but nothing,after 20 seconds car started ok and all faults had cleared and car drove ok, the last time this happened was about 8 months ago i had it at the garage and they said it could be the ecu but the ecu cannot be tested on a diesel acenta they took the part number and said maybe i could get a recon ,has anybody had this sort of problem any help would be most appreciated thankyou.
Qashowner

Post by Qashowner »

Its a left had drive car, but I am sure it wouldn't be difficult to adapt to our right hand drive.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
duncho

Post by duncho »

In this thread, Mrugby photo-document installation of Stop/Start reversing module for RHD Qashqai:

viewtopic.php?t=11023
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!