Emergency braking malfunction

ICE, Equipment, Options
Sophc901
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sophc901 »

Can I ask if anyone has gotten to the bottom of the emergency breaking issue with Nissan?
I have a 21 plate that auto breaks for no reason. Even happened on motorways and A roads when no cars or bends are near.
Nissan are claiming there’s nothing wrong with the vehicle and it seems I’m going to have to be seriously injured before they act
I am currently dealing with financial ombudsman and finance to get the car rejected but as Nissan claim theirs no fault I’m struggling. I have provided dash cam footage to which they’ve blamed everything from the rain to the sun 🤦🏼‍♀️

vinissa
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by vinissa »

Some tests on emergency braking.
Video
icesteelman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by icesteelman »

I know this is an old thread but today I experienced my first spurious / false emergency braking that nearly caused the car behind to ram into me !

Strange location as I was just setting off from a set of lights on Sheffields outer ring road. I was at the front of the queue and set off only to have the emergency brakes applied about 1 second later and the internal alarm go off. It was very disturbing :o - odd since I have travelled that section of road many times and am sure I have been first in line a few times setting off with no issues. The road is a dual carriage way, almost flat too and so I cant see why the sensors should have been fooled other than maybe due to the close proximity of a car setting off in the outside lane next to me maybe?

Can't see it being worth reporting to Nissan unless it recurs, may mention it at the next service (but that's not for 6 months yet). Hopefully this will be a one off having had the car for 18 trouble free months until this happened :)
2020 Gunmetal Grey N-Connecta Dig-T 1.3 140 manual, Glass Roof
2017 Ink Blue N-Connecta 1.6 dCi Manual 4WD with Comfort and Heat Packs