Expected delivery and subsequent delays

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Balders03
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Balders03 »

Good luck with your order we have now been waiting 9 months with little of no feedback from Nissan.
I have opened a formal complaint directly with Nissan UK.
I hope to be updated next week with what has happened to the order but I will not hold my breath.

Balders,

trixycakes

Post by trixycakes »

Hi friends, greetings from Madrid, Spain. I know this forum is more directed towards UK buyers but I just wanted to share our experience.

We purchased an automatic 2022 Qashqai 4x2 E-Connect, two tone w/ magnetic blue and black trim, skyline roof, and automatic trunk from the Nissan dealership in Alcorcón, Madrid, Spain on April 18, 2022.

They said their most recent deliveries at that time have it estimated that ours would be delivered June-July and August at the latest.

Since we’ve had absolutely zero communication since April I told my husband to please just call just to see if there have been any changes. So last Friday, July 22 hubby calls and the dealer said “well….. you guys bought a lot of extras! There aren’t any chips! Shipping delays! Etc etc etc”. They had originally said though when we went in April, as an incentive, the more extras you include in your custom car, Nissan puts your order more to the front of the production line (as opposed to a dealer purchased vehicle w/o an individual owner/one of the cars they sell on the lot). No biggie, we understand…

Then the sales guy says “well, I haven’t called you guys ‘cause our system keeps pushing the delivery date back …and as of now it’s showing a delivery date of…… DECEMBER 28, 2022”. :shock:

We luckily don’t urgently need the car but dang..
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

Hi

Delays are still significant...especially for the top of the range models. A summer shutdown of the factory is probably imminent too.

Delays still seem to be around 5 months and it might vary depending on dealer allocations.

I'm sure Nissan want to get back to their quite short delivery times as that is really their business to do. But with supplies and logistics headaches around the world then there is some way to go.

On the positive side you ordered a NIssan and you're talking a handful of months. If you'd ordered a Land Rover they probably wouldn't accept your order, but if they did, then you're probably looking 18 months for delivery.

Enjoy the summer in Madrid and look forward to a new Qashqai hopefully in the autumn.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
ST09
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by ST09 »

I had an update on Friday.

As per dealership car is tracking for delivery to them end of September.

I submitted my order on 10 March 22.

Order was acknowledged on 09 May 22.

On the plus side i dont the need the car until mid November.
Last edited by ST09 on Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Ordered in Oct-2021 (Tekna+ Gunmetal), for original delivery in Mar-2022.

Update today (third change in date so far):

Date moved from 05-Aug-2022 to 16-Sep-2022 :-(

With only a one month move, this may be a 'true' date. Well lets hope so.

Anyone with Nationwide Vehicle Contracts out there?
Now 1.3 petrol Tekna + Gunmetal (Oct-2022)
Was 1.5dci Tekna+ Gunmetal (March 2018)
Was 1.5dci Acenta Premium Magnetic Red (March 2014)
LJ19

Post by LJ19 »

Followed this forum for a while, checking delivery lead times before placing an order.

Sharing my experience so far.

Ordered Mid June

Current ETA Mid August with dealer

Approx 9 weeks from order to delivery

Tekna 140, Manual.

I have seen some really long wait times and delays here, so taking this with a pinch of salt.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome trixycakes and LJ19 to this forum.

As you may have read on here some cars come "relatively" quicker (though still a few months) and some take ages.

Nissan is somewhat better than other makes. Land Rover and Jaguar are dire apparently. Tesla aren't taking any S or X orders at all.

I preregistered for a VW IdBuzz and was initially advised 18-24 months! When it came to committing to a firm order in early July I was still being told 12 months even after paying a deposit a month earlier at the first opportunity. Owing to the higher than expected price I gave up! Had my deposit refunded.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
ST09
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by ST09 »

Got an email from dealership yesterday.

Car expected to land with them on 16th Sep.
Jonnywells

Post by Jonnywells »

Well ordered my wife's tekna+ in gun metal on the 6th July from an online broker and it arrived yesterday so just over 2 months which I thought was very impressive in the current climate!
Proc

Post by Proc »

Hi all, first post so just thought I’d say hi and add my experience to this.

Currently have a 2016 Tekna diesel manual and love it, been a fantastic car. Decided to upgrade to the j12 but couldn’t quite stretch the budget to another Tekna, so gone for a xtronic n-connecta.

Ordered beginning of August and was told stock was due and should be delivered end of the month, end of August came and was told end of September.

Received a call last week saying could be delayed until December, then received another call yesterday to say car had arrived with the dealer, and just got sort some paperwork before delivery, so seems very mixed as to what dealers are getting and when from Nissan. Hoping it comes with the combi dash and 12.3” screen but will see as dealer couldn’t confirm and just emailed me a copy of the brochure, so fingers crossed.