Wiring towbar

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
alllanson
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by alllanson »

Update
Ok as I hadn't made any progress with the wiring I bit the bullet and ordered a Nissan kit $194.03NZ. What unfolded was weird I paid for it and went back to my vehicle and checked it out. After looking at the kit and the connectors things wouldn't connect up. Back to the parts guy and he came and had a look he was unsure of what was what so he got the Service manger to come and have a look. Oh he says it needs a patch loom they both go back inside and then come out with this patch loom it still doesn't line up. Ok so the manager gets one of the techs who has fitted one of these before. He smiles when he see the connector no wrong one he then pulls the left side panel open and shows use the body loom and a white connector taped to the loom. He goes on to explain that the Patch loom goes in their first by removing the connector from the loom and opening it. Then connect the patch loom in place then follow the fitting instructions for the rest of it. Travelled home and then proceed to start on fitting the wiring got as far as mounting the module and every thing connect when it started to rain so called it quite. Still have the trailer plug and wiring to run and mount but at least have the problem solved.
Trailer wiring.docx
(392.01 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

alllanson
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by alllanson »

Finished running the wiring for the trailer plug. When I opened up the Nissan trailer plug supplied in the kit due to change of plans found this thought you might be interested. Thanks to Gloucester for the trailer plug photo which i altered to suit.
Trailer wiring.docx
(858.92 KiB) Downloaded 57 times