Nissan Survey

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

Having recently taken my car into the main dealer in Bristol to find I have a blown turbo at 51k miles, I was asked to carry out a survey by Nissan. As you can probably guess, it was not favourable, indeed I would not recommend a Nissan to anyone because of their attitude.

Number 1, the person to dealt with me knew nothing of cars and when I questioned him on turbo failure, just a shrug of the shoulders and "I know nothing" A turbo should last for at least 150k miles, indeed, in all the cars and vans I have been responsible for, I have never had a turbo fail.

Number 2, I was quoted £2700 + VAT to replace said turbo to which I said I can get a brand new OEM turbo for about £800 or a recon with 2 year warranty for about £250, how could they justify £2700 + VAT? Answer, "I know nothing"

Number 3, they had the gaul to charge £156 for the pleasure.

Main reason for turbo failure in lack of oil, the car has full Nissan service history. I will be asking my repairers if they could evaluate the condition of the oil, it was changed in April this year, but is very black.

This was all carried out for me 2 week ago, it has taken this long to cool down.

Rant Over
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.