Nissan Tekna 2017 J11b Head unit issues

ICE, Equipment, Options
Miander02
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Miander02 »

HI
I wonder if anyone has come accross any of these issues with the head unit on my J11b Qashqai Tekna. I purchased the j11b in August and since then i have had no end of issues, its driving me up the wall as i just want to use the car,

These are the issues i am coming across.
1. Unable to turn audio system off: head unit just restarts then your asked to approve terms
2. Approve T&Cs: Every time I enter the car the navigation / audio system asks to approve t&cs >> i believe this may be in the latest firmware update
3. Buzzing / interference from audio system at standstill and gets loader as you drive. The buzzing can be stopped if you attempt to turn the head unit off, but it restarts and the buzzing comes back. This is the most annoying noise when you know its there.
4. Forward and Reversing camera layout on display now has a grey bar across the bottom and a vertical black bar cutting the feed in two. I think this looks like a left hand drive layout
5. Temp / climate controls DUAL button is backwards, If you turn DUAL on, which my expectation is that if you click the button and the LED highlights, turning the control knob will alter the temperature for both sides, but the button is exactly the opposite, when lit up, the control knob controls the one side only.
The function is back to front.
6. Bluetooth Audio / head unit out of sync: While connected to blue tooth audio via spotify when you skip more than 2 songs the head unit gets out of sync on the display and does not show the song that is playing, the audio is playing correctly but the display is incorrect
7. Phone connection, caller can hear themselves while they speak in a delay. I have been assured this didn’t happen before
8. Head Unit Volume: the volume has increased significantly. For FM radio, generally the volume is on 2 which is loud, but on Bluetooth 10 is audible, However if the Bluetooth drops the radio kicks in at a deafening volume, This also Happens when the Bluetooth cannot connect or you have Google Maps, the volume is significantly louder.
9. Illumination of head unit: in the dark there is no illumination of the head unit buttons (phone . mute radio etc), there is no way to find the controls when driving in the dark, is this normal?
10. in the phone options there is no way to add or keep favorites to make calls.

Technician mentioned after having the car for 2 days
11. The System does not recognise I have a Bose stereo system, this needs to be rectified as the car has a Bose system
12. He also mentioned that the system is set to petrol, I don’t know if that’s related to the change or Firmware update,

the nissan garage has had the car 3 times, updated the firmware etc and cannot resolve the issue. It does not appear that the head unit has been replaced in any way or other tampering.

I have subsequently been given a quote to replace the entire head unit for around £3500+vat + £100 +vat installation and setup, or have a second had one but they will not commit to this fixing the issue.

I have enclosed pics of the issues where i can but any help appreciated.
Thanks

IMG_20210929_191118.jpg

IMG_20220204_080607.jpg

Miander02

Post by Miander02 »

any one have any advice?
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Dreadful but, I’m sorry, I can’t offer any advice
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

I'd have to say that where your headunit does not return to default conditions when Reset (Factory Reset) then it should be condemned. AFAIK Nissan dealers don't have test equipment to adequately fault find this unit. I think its a Bosch unit and I'm sure its not worth their time to deeply test it.

It appears you have a 2017 type Connect 3 headunit. That has had no firmware update from Nissan since production.

Of course £3500 to replace is absolute looney tunes. Perhaps the other way out is for a non OEM headunit installation that is discussed on this site...DASAITA being one. Not sure how a Bose system integrates though?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Miander02

Post by Miander02 »

thank you! appreciated
Darren7189
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Darren7189 »

Do you resolve your issues,if so how
I have same issues regarding layout on camera screen but other than that it all seems to work fine
I have a 2016 tekna
Darren7189
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Darren7189 »

C630464D-C302-4178-A012-2FFDED70B64E.jpeg

the_observer

Post by the_observer »

Bit late to this, but looks like the camera issues maybe that the head unit thinks it is left hand drive? This all looks a bit similar to something the Qashqai Guy discusses in a video about replacing the HU with a Connect 4.
Anthony92

Post by Anthony92 »

greeting!

i had this same problem after updating the wrong software for my conect. I updated the right hand drive software, that software did not match my model.
I had all the same problems as you!
after that i bought a second hand conect unit that was the same as mine, went to nissan and then they serviced it.
now everything works as it should, but I still have an error with an annoying buzzing, buzzing sound...🙁
I also changed the Bose amplifier, but there is no movement and still interference