After Market rails

Bodywork & Interior problems
Pwak
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Pwak »

Hi all,
First time posting on one of these forms, hoping someone can give me a bit of advise. I was hoping to add aftermarket roof rails to my 2014 J11 Acent, I've seen some different ones online for £100 to £200 which seem decent (75kg-100kg max load depending on price. The cheaper ones states they dont come with any instructions, so I've had a look around and there appears to be several different ways to install them depending on the rails. 1. using existing connections, 2. using epoxy 3. drilling new holes (and sealing).
When i removed my rail trim to see what the connection points are like I saw that there was a cut off bolt with a large washer where I would think the rails would need to go. I haven't seen it on any of the videos I've watched when people are installing the rails, though someone on this form asked about them a few years ago but didn't get an answer.

So I guess my Questions are:
does anyone know what the bolt and washer are for?
would they need drilled out for fitting rails?
and has anyone fitted load bearing aftermarket rails, are there any you would suggest that are good?

Thanks.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Pwak, firstly welcome to the Forum. I have not attempted this as we have had 2 Tekna’s with Roof Bars so unfortunately cannot advise. There has been several recent posts on this subject under “Search”, I have attached a couple for information but I am sure there are more posts if you take a look.
Obviously the ideal is that another member that has done an “After Market Conversion” can advise - Best of Luck Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?t=7058

viewtopic.php?t=5374

viewtopic.php?t=2984
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jyorke
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by jyorke »

Hi all,

Just to add...

I recently went into Nissan dealer for Roof Rails for my QQ Acenta Premium (2014), where I was a little confused, they wouldn't sell me the roof rails but would sell me roof bars, I asked the parts guy that doesn't make any sense, for me to use the roof bars I would need roof rails right? After some digging about, we found out that the reason why these are not listed on the Nissan site (for my particular car), this was one reason, they were not installed when the car left the factory, so they would not sell them to me, as the part is not listed.
As luck would have it, when I left the parts dept, someone parked a QQ N-Tec next to my car, same year, same colour, that specific car had a panoramic roof (same as mine) and had roof rails, so I took the number plate and went back into parts. He entered the reg number, found them, spoke to a technician, who confirmed these would fit, placed the order and then they hit me with the cost, £750 EACH!!! What £1,500, did they see me coming...
I told them politely, lets do a rain check... Then hit google.

Eventually, I purchased some from a breakers for £70 for the pair.
I have no idea if these will fit, or what needs to be done, youtube (for once) had nothing how to install them.
and yes, before anyone asks, I have searched the forums, I have seen some things, but the photos are either no longer on the post or I have no rights to see them, as they are greyed out.
So still in the same boat as the others.

If I can get them sorted I will update this post, otherwise it will be plan "B", as you can fit special roof bars (no need for rails) as the QQ has a hole just under each door frame where the roof bars would sit and can be fitted with specific parts.

James
Lfcevans
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Lfcevans »

I will be looking to fit some roof rails on my Accenta shortly

Did you manage to get the rails you bought to fit.

I have seen some for sale for just over £100 and asked the seller if they came with fixtures and fittings. He said they will come with the bolts but not the fittings as they may have to stay on ??

Is there a part on the roof on the models that have rails that is fixed and cannot be removed and any other model doesn't have them ?