1st Nissan initial thoughts and findings

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Lfcevans
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Lfcevans »

Hi Everyone

Just bought a Feb 2019 QQ Acenta Premium. With the 1.5 diesel engine It arrived today. Its my first Nissan

Took it for a quick drive around and I am impressed with how it drives. Smooth over the many Humps in the road where I live (its got the 17" alloys) Its got enough bells and whistles on it for me aswell.

Pulls well in lower gears and I expect it will have good economy also, but time will tell

I am finding the clutch quite stiff though compared to the few cars of different makes ( about 12 different hire cars aboard through work) I have driven over the last few years, Is this normal ?

Also, the road noise is quite loud. Warm day so had the Air con on low . Strangely, when I turned the Air con off and opened the windows it didn't seem so loud :o

Ive read about the slight lag on the infotainment system but didn't find it an issue for me

Not the first car Ive driven with an electronic brake, but found it a bit of a faff to switch off , hope its not going to become an issue.

Hoping to get many years enjoyable motoring out of it as I keep my cars for many years. Last one was a 2007 307 sw Peugeot from 18mths old. Hope this Nissan lasts just as long :D

Lfcevans

Post by Lfcevans »

OK so I've gone to the car this morning and it wouldn't turn over. Ignition lights flickering warning that stop/start not working etc.

Rang the dealer and the warranty covers the car with the AA so he gave me the number to call. He suspected the battery was no good so wanted it checked and a new one fitted by the AA and reimburse me straight away. AA man has checked it over and battery is good and Alternator is good. He said that something is not turning off and is draining the battery. Nothing more he can do. He said I can disconnect the battery so it will start in the morning. I will not be doing that
While checking it over he noticed that there was a software update needed for the infotainment system and commented that he has seen on some cars that this "stays awake" and tries to download the update which in turn drains the battery. I am d/loading update now while engine is running so we will see if this helps.
I am awaiting a call from the dealer to explain the situation

Not the best experience I was expecting.

I will keep you updated
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

If I remember correctly the instructions for downloading software updates from your home Wi-Fi include keeping the engine running.
Despite the fact it can take 20 to 30 minutes.

That said, you’d expect it to stop when the engine/ignition went off.

This could be really good advice for future owners.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

How many miles has the car covered.
I have had that engine - and the clutch is light.
As its a self adjusting clutch , then I would suggest its worn
Lfcevans

Post by Lfcevans »

The latest is that the car is booked into a local Nissan dealership on Monday and a courtesy car is booked so they can check out the problem. The dealer was very apologetic about the problem
I did the update on the infotainment system and it installed then 2 mins later it said there was an update again but this time the radio stayed on while it updated. I presume the first was an infotainment system update and the second was the map update for the sat nav. When finished it wanted me to turn ignition off and back on again to complete update.

Been for a run in it again and parked up. We will see in the morning if the battery is still charged.

The car has done 30,200 mls

I will ask the local dealers to check the clutch for me on Monday
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

This is the exact issue I have been facing for months.... the new update was applied by the dealer in March, as the battery was discharging weekly.

Since then Ive noticed a couple of times that I've looked in the car window, and the stereo was trying and failing to update.

Also, every time I drive, it tries to update and fails (When handbrake is applied).
2018 Qashqai Tekna + DCT Dig-T 160
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Lfcevans wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:42 pm ...
Not the first car Ive driven with an electronic brake, but found it a bit of a faff to switch off , hope its not going to become an issue.

Not sure what you mean here.

On my J11 I never touched the parking brake control - it turns on and turns off automatically.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

gloucester wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:36 am
Lfcevans wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:42 pm ...

Not sure what you mean here.

On my J11 I never touched the parking brake control - it turns on and turns off automatically.
You don't engage it at traffic lights?
2018 Qashqai Tekna + DCT Dig-T 160
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

No
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Lfcevans

Post by Lfcevans »

Latest update.

The car started this morning no issues so presume it had a full charge battery. Parked in work for 8 hours and started again no issues.
May have solved the problem but still going to get it checked out at the dealership.

The update does say that you need to have the handbrake applied while doing it

Regarding the electronic handbrake, I MAY have been pulling the button not pushing it as Im still getting used to the car. so many buttons :) I found myself pushing the button to engage brake today and wondered why its not working....Doh

Everything seems fine apart from the DAB radio seems to lose signal and take a while to find signal again. There is one or two places around me that it loses it with my wifes pug but finds signal again pretty quick. The QQ seems to take 4 or 5 times longer and one or two more areas. Also I found that the CD player does take a while to react to the steering controls. Long enough to think that I hadn't pressed the button and press it again and jump 2 songs. The CD does have mp3`s on and it might have trouble reading them, I haven't tried a proper CD yet to see if its any different.

Good to have a car of my own now and not use my wifes though :)