Right Rear Door Lock Issue

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
FlickLaser
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by FlickLaser »

Hi there, I recently bought a used Qashqai and generally like it. However, when I unlock the doors with the remote fob on the key, all doors unlock EXCEPT the Rear-Right one. I have to reach round and unlock it from inside. After that it opens and closes just fine.

What is causing it not to unlock using the remote fob please?

QashqaiSilver
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by QashqaiSilver »

FlickLaser wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:48 pm Hi there, I recently bought a used Qashqai and generally like it. However, when I unlock the doors with the remote fob on the key, all doors unlock EXCEPT the Rear-Right one. I have to reach round and unlock it from inside. After that it opens and closes just fine.

What is causing it not to unlock using the remote fob please?
I had this problem when I bought my mk1. It appeared the previous owner force pulled the rear offside door exterior handle, so cable was not in properly. This resulted me in having to open it from the inside to work. I refitted the handle, cleaned up, re-greased and re-seated the cable. It has been perfect now since that.
J10, 2008, 1.6 petrol, Acenta
FlickLaser
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by FlickLaser »

Ok, that could be the issue I guess - thanks. Will say though that once the door is unlocked, the door opens and closes ok
StampyNTFC
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by StampyNTFC »

I had my rear drivers door lock replaced under warranty last year due to door actuator issue..
Drives a 19 plate Qashqai...

Go seize the day
Wake up and say
This is an extraordinary life

John Wetton (1949-2017)