Level Boot floor No2

Bodywork & Interior problems
alllanson
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by alllanson »

Raised the boot floor on the 2020 Qashqai.
Level Floor No2
With the purchase of the 2020 ST-L Qashqai I will need to level the floor again. After checking with a few wreckers, the cost to upgrade to the Nissan parcel tray level floor was way too expensive. A trip to Bunnings warehouse resulted in the purchase of a 900mm x 1200mm x 9mm mdf sheet, foam backed carpet 1mtr by 3mtr roll, a piece of 60 mm thick polystyrene a slice of x pole under floor insulation in my case, can of ados glue spray on, which I already had half a can. This time I didn’t do the wings as it makes it harder to remove the floor and you lose the cubby holes on either side.
Measured up the size of the boot space to make the new floor. The mat already their will help with the front curve. When complete fit the board in place an check what gap you have between it and the boot trim about 5mm. When the carpet is glued and the edges folded over it should fill any gaps and give a snug fit. If to close some trimming maybe required. On the plastic trim by the boot lid there is a ledge, yellow arrows this is where the new floor will sit. But to make the floor level with the top of this trim extra packers will need to be added.

Measure the depth subtract the carpet and 9mm board what is left will be the thickness of packer to be added to the new floor panel at the curved front. In my case 2 packers were needed 18mm.

Extra packers required
Now measure the piece of carpet required allowing enough to hang over the edges say 25 30mm. Do a couple of dry runs to get the correct position then when happy spray the top of the panel. Let the glue get tacky and lay the carpet on it smooth out any air bubbles and leave for awhile. Or lay the carpet down and lay the board on to it. While that is drying with a straight edge resting on the rise at the back of the back seats and resting on the plastic trim panel at the front. Take measurements of the heights at the front and rear these will give you the size to cut the polystyrene spacers to.

Don’t forget the middle spacer depending on the length if it. It will require a step down cut in it to make it level with the plastic ledge and the extra packers fitted to the new floor. If the centre spacer is not made full distance the cut down will not be needed. Yellow arrow

The side ones may also require this to be done to them. The rear spacer measurements will be the same as the height of the side spacers at the rear seat end. The side ones may need to be shaped so they are a snug fit.

Under side left spacer, cut out for cargo ring step down for packers
These will rest on the carpet supported by the moulded poly underneath. Next glue and fold the carpet edges over and trim any excess. A bit fiddle but should end up with nice tidy edges leave for a while and recheck to see if any edges have come unstuck if so just reglue them. Had a couple that wouldn’t stay stuck so in the end stapled them. Material cost for this $76.00nz and a few hrs of my time.

Polystyrene spacers back of new floor

Top new floor All finished
One level floor clean, tidy and the carpet colour is not too far off either.

gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Great! Only one thing missing...

[the pictures]
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
alllanson

Post by alllanson »

Hi Gloucester, How does one get them to show. It is a word document 489kb which I copied and paste to here but the photos never came through. Tried it again and still no photos not even sure how it got posted. Thought it had to be submitted first then it would be posted any help to get the pics up would be great.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

You have to upload the pictures separately - hit the button below, upload, then insert inline
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
alllanson

Post by alllanson »

level floor No2.docx
(489.93 KiB) Downloaded 152 times