Mild Hybrid system safety

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
MikeGB
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGB »

I am considering getting a brand new Qashqai with a Mild Hybrid system. Can anyone share any Extremely Low Frequency Electromagnetic Filed measurements, if such exist? The EMF level is an issue for me. Thanks.

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

MikeGB wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:02 pm I am considering getting a brand new Qashqai with a Mild Hybrid system. Can anyone share any Extremely Low Frequency Electromagnetic Filed measurements, if such exist? The EMF level is an issue for me. Thanks.
Probably better to inquire with Nissan UK direct
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
MikeGB
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGB »

Manufacturers don't share this info, hiding an issue, since there is no obligatory standard to follow. The reason for this is that if manufacturers did share this info, then buyers would start asking themselves why levels in a hybrid/electric car are higher than at home, where an obligatory safety standard set by WHO does exist
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

MikeGB wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:54 am Manufacturers don't share this info, hiding an issue, since there is no obligatory standard to follow. The reason for this is that if manufacturers did share this info, then buyers would start asking themselves why levels in a hybrid/electric car are higher than at home, where an obligatory safety standard set by WHO does exist
Its interesting you should bring this subject up. Magnetic impulse(s) will be present in both the Ev DC to AC conversion and from the motor. Both are dependent on electro magnetic functions. As such they must be subject to radiation hazards analysis and data (mitigation) published for obvious safety reasons/requirements. Perhaps this comes under type approval?

If the manufacturer won't divulge such information I think you may have to start with the https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -transport

I'm not sure who exactly is responsible for automotive safety at the regulatory level. Perhaps they are simply allowed to slap CE marks all over the electrical equipment?

Then of course there exists the specific medical (health) requirements...that has to be openly disclosed IMO.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta