J10 Christmas Tree Dashboard

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
MrSweetE90
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by MrSweetE90 »

Hi Peeps,

Fix a few issues and then another has to crop up :lol:

So I was driving down the road and I couldn't help but notice when I pressed the clutch and came off the throttle that it seemed a little "snappy?" so I was thinking.. Surely that's not normal.

I then turn the corner and good lord it came in fast, it was a slight loss of power followed by a Christmas tree of warning lights. ABS, Traction just absolutely bloody loads. Then I put my indicator on and I vaguely remember the light flashing once as normal but then it like faded out?.. And the two headlight lights where fading in and out, off and on, almost like it was losing power?

Called the AA out and they sent one of their partner companies, unfortunately being a Nissan even his diagnostic tablet resulted in him needing to Google some of the codes. In the end he took a few guesses but there's nothing that could be done at the roadside.

I've got to now decide whether it's best to take to Nissan or a side garage, being electrical I'm thinking Nissan would probably be able to diagnose the issue much faster and possibly cost less all in all whereas a side garage may take much longer to diagnose. I've got the AA Parts and Garage cover meaning if the diagnoses turns out to be a part that's covered then I have £535 footed by the AA from a £35 excess.

But if anyone wants to take a guess ill upload all the faults here

PXL_20220514_222740309.jpg

PXL_20220514_222725407.jpg

2012 Qashqai 1.6 DCI TEKNA Plus

MrSweetE90
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by MrSweetE90 »

Strangely enough, the master tech tested the exhaust pressure sensor off the car and said it was faulty. While all the errors did match a faulty exhaust pressure sensor, what threw me off was the dying, fading out dash lights. I'm quite skeptical to be honest, but it's been replaced so will see how things go.
2012 Qashqai 1.6 DCI TEKNA Plus