J10 1.6 dci R9M AC Clutch Pulley

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
MrSweetE90
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by MrSweetE90 »

Hi All,

Going to tackle a few problems on the qashqai tomorrow. I noticed that the clutch pulley doesn't engage when the AC button is pressed.

I couldn't find a replacement clutch pulley, they seem to be universal to some degree but I didn't find a match for a Qashqai 1.6 dci or R9M so if anybody is aware of a clutch pulley thats compatible that might be useful to share.

So anyway I spoke to a qashqai breaker I found on Facebook and he sold me a complete AC unit for £45. When I got home I connected a battery to ground and positive to test if the clutch engages which it did.

I then removed the outer clutch and its clear its been sitting for a while.

I've cleaned the rust off and removed the pulley with circlip pliers and a jaw puller.

My concern tomorrow is space! The front of the engine is literally inches away from the body, I will remove the wheel and arch lining but I can't remember if the AC pulley is within that cut out space? If it's not, what's the best way to get the jaw pullers on the AC pulley? The Nissan repair documentation for me is quite irritating in the sense I'll find "installation and removal of compressor" but there's no proper preliminary steps so I'm not sure how you would typically get full access to the AC if need be.
2012 Qashqai 1.6 DCI TEKNA Plus