Front doors sometimes wont unlock Qashqai 2017

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
ElevenS
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by ElevenS »

Hi all! My front passenger and driver doors won't open sometimes from the first press of key fob (sometimes I need 2 or 3 times press unlock button or even open from the rear seats).

I already tried to replace key fob battery https://replacekeyfob.com/2017-nissan-rogue and applied lube on locks but nothing changed. This fix problem for 2 days and then troubles back.

Is this means that door locks on front doors must be replaced? I watched price Door Lock Actuator costs near 50 pounds.

ElevenS

Post by ElevenS »

Is this a true, that J11B has additional seal on actuator and has not problems with door locks?
Thanks for your responds
Squashy2
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Squashy2 »

Door lock actuators, seems to be a common complaint on the QQ, not sure why they seem to fail, could be an electronic issue or possibility of water ingress.
Best to have the car checked at a Nissan Dealership. Do you have extended warranty?
2018 Acenta 1.2 DIG-T in Gunmetal grey.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

Previous QQ 2007 1.6 petrol Acenta (102K miles)
ElevenS

Post by ElevenS »

Squashy2 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:07 pm Door lock actuators, seems to be a common complaint on the QQ, not sure why they seem to fail, could be an electronic issue or possibility of water ingress.
Best to have the car checked at a Nissan Dealership. Do you have extended warranty?
I have no extended warranty :(
Is there some recall for actuators? If it exist, can somebody post part number of modified door locks?

Thank you
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

The system for lock/unlock is controlled by the Body Control Module (BCM) and communication to the Key Fob...plus door sensors. Both doors failing unlock is unlikely actuator problems. Its a car security issue, so its difficult to diagnose and would need a dealers help to test and diagnose all parts of the system.

I wouldn't expect to see a recall on this system. Its fairly simple...except the BCM unit.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
ElevenS

Post by ElevenS »

calnorth wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:36 am The system for lock/unlock is controlled by the Body Control Module (BCM) and communication to the Key Fob...plus door sensors. Both doors failing unlock is unlikely actuator problems. Its a car security issue, so its difficult to diagnose and would need a dealers help to test and diagnose all parts of the system.

I wouldn't expect to see a recall on this system. Its fairly simple...except the BCM unit.
I have unscrewed door and open lock. After I add some new lubricant on lock and clear actuator, problem gone.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

ElevenS wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:51 pm
calnorth wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:36 am The system for lock/unlock is controlled by the Body Control Module (BCM) and communication to the Key Fob...plus door sensors. Both doors failing unlock is unlikely actuator problems. Its a car security issue, so its difficult to diagnose and would need a dealers help to test and diagnose all parts of the system.

I have unscrewed door and open lock. After I add some new lubricant on lock and clear actuator, problem gone.

Simple fix...very good.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta