Expected delivery and subsequent delays

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
malvern_man
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by malvern_man »

Iqzy wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:16 pm
malvern_man wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:29 am
Iqzy wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:37 am What colour did you guys choose? (People still waiting for delivery of car).

I ordered in early March and was called 1st April to say it's on backorder. So guessing be around September. When they sold it to me they said grey but I see it's put down as Gun Metallic. Has anyone seen this colour in the flesh? Nice?

Also opted for some body and interior protection. Apparently they spray it with one time solution that protects the outside from dirt, bird poo and tree dirt that stays looking polished and inside if there are spills you can wipe off.

Body and interior protection done by the dealers...a complete rip off. Half the time they don't even put it on and they just charge you for it.

Bird poo...no coating will protect against that, it's acid and will still burn through the coating and it will still etch your clear coat/paint.

If they do actually apply it to your car then it'll probably only last about 6 months,

I bet they didn't tell you that if you take it through a garage car wash the coating will be ruined. Also taking it to one of those £5.00 wash and scratch places will ruin it too.

You'd be better saving your money and arranging for a proper car valeter/detailer to apply a proper coating to your new car.
Yeah sorry it was coating not spray. I am kinda weary now and may call to cancel that. And yes sorry bird poo is acidic they said it can easily be removed if done straight away. This is what they said the coating will provide.

Here is a summary of the permanent protection available for
your Nissan Qashqai.

The following is included:

Exterior Protection - The vehicle is given a deep clean before applying
two layers of protection to fill the pores of the paintwork and bond
together to provide a high gloss finish which protects the vehicle's
paintwork from the harsh environment that surrounds it, such as UV rays,
oxidisation, atmospheric fallout, acid rain, road salt and other
contributors. The advanced polymer sealant is professionally applied to
your vehicle using the most up to date technology, and it creates an
invisible and durable high-gloss barrier that helps strengthen and
protect modern day water and solvent based paint finishes from the worst
that the elements can do. There is no need to wax or polish and it is
easier to remove bird mess, insect fluids and tree sap etc.

Interior Protection - upholstery is impregnated with a resin based
formula which won't wash out, and protects against spillages of coffee,
tea, milk, soft drinks, juices, water and other similar liquids from
permanently staining your fabrics and carpets.
Dirt can be either vacuumed or wiped off. The invisible barrier helps
reduce friction between the fibres prolonging their life. This allows
the fabrics and carpets to retain their natural texture and appearance.
InteriorGard complies fully to COSSH and ISO 9001 regulations.

VinylGard - This creates an anti-static finish on the fascia and other
interior surfaces, keeping them flexible while protecting and
maintaining their appearance. This professionally applied finish bonds
to your car's interior surfaces and forms a tough protective barrier.
The coating prevents the sun's UV rays from penetrating the vinyl, so
there's no fading or cracking and the matt finish reduces reflections
from the dashboard on the windscreen.

After Care Kit - Includes shampoo, glass cleaner, alloy wheel
protection, scuff remover, bird lime neutraliser spray and micro fibre
sponge.

Key Finder - 2 separate key fobs with a reward on (House keys, car keys
etc. - 3 years cover).
No key owner details are given to the finder or any third party,
guaranteeing maximum confidentiality and security. Over 90% people get
their keys back within the first 3-4 hours!

That all sound pretty comprehensive.

What make is the sealant they are going to use...Diamondbrite...Supagard...or another make?

Can I ask what price they are charging for the treatment please.

Don't use a chamois leather to dry it either, that's the worst thing you can use, you need a dedicated microfibre drying towel, I use the twisted loop towels (twisted loop is supposed to suck up more water than normal microfibre)

Whatever you do do not clean your wheels with the same microfibre sponge that you use on your paintwork, the wheels will have all sorts of iron fallout and bits of metal from the discs and pads on them which will get into your sponge. Using the same sponge for wheels and paintwork will definitely trash your paintwork.
2020 (70 Plate) 1.3 DiG-T 140 ~ 6 Speed Manual ~ Tekna+ in Pearl Black.
2022 (22 Plate) BMW X5 40i xDrive M Sport in Phytonic Blue.

Iqzy
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Iqzy »

malvern_man wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:35 pm
Iqzy wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:16 pm
malvern_man wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:29 am

Body and interior protection done by the dealers...a complete rip off. Half the time they don't even put it on and they just charge you for it.

Bird poo...no coating will protect against that, it's acid and will still burn through the coating and it will still etch your clear coat/paint.

If they do actually apply it to your car then it'll probably only last about 6 months,

I bet they didn't tell you that if you take it through a garage car wash the coating will be ruined. Also taking it to one of those £5.00 wash and scratch places will ruin it too.

You'd be better saving your money and arranging for a proper car valeter/detailer to apply a proper coating to your new car.
Yeah sorry it was coating not spray. I am kinda weary now and may call to cancel that. And yes sorry bird poo is acidic they said it can easily be removed if done straight away. This is what they said the coating will provide.

Here is a summary of the permanent protection available for
your Nissan Qashqai.

The following is included:

Exterior Protection - The vehicle is given a deep clean before applying
two layers of protection to fill the pores of the paintwork and bond
together to provide a high gloss finish which protects the vehicle's
paintwork from the harsh environment that surrounds it, such as UV rays,
oxidisation, atmospheric fallout, acid rain, road salt and other
contributors. The advanced polymer sealant is professionally applied to
your vehicle using the most up to date technology, and it creates an
invisible and durable high-gloss barrier that helps strengthen and
protect modern day water and solvent based paint finishes from the worst
that the elements can do. There is no need to wax or polish and it is
easier to remove bird mess, insect fluids and tree sap etc.

Interior Protection - upholstery is impregnated with a resin based
formula which won't wash out, and protects against spillages of coffee,
tea, milk, soft drinks, juices, water and other similar liquids from
permanently staining your fabrics and carpets.
Dirt can be either vacuumed or wiped off. The invisible barrier helps
reduce friction between the fibres prolonging their life. This allows
the fabrics and carpets to retain their natural texture and appearance.
InteriorGard complies fully to COSSH and ISO 9001 regulations.

VinylGard - This creates an anti-static finish on the fascia and other
interior surfaces, keeping them flexible while protecting and
maintaining their appearance. This professionally applied finish bonds
to your car's interior surfaces and forms a tough protective barrier.
The coating prevents the sun's UV rays from penetrating the vinyl, so
there's no fading or cracking and the matt finish reduces reflections
from the dashboard on the windscreen.

After Care Kit - Includes shampoo, glass cleaner, alloy wheel
protection, scuff remover, bird lime neutraliser spray and micro fibre
sponge.

Key Finder - 2 separate key fobs with a reward on (House keys, car keys
etc. - 3 years cover).
No key owner details are given to the finder or any third party,
guaranteeing maximum confidentiality and security. Over 90% people get
their keys back within the first 3-4 hours!

That all sound pretty comprehensive.

What make is the sealant they are going to use...Diamondbrite...Supagard...or another make?

Can I ask what price they are charging for the treatment please.

Don't use a chamois leather to dry it either, that's the worst thing you can use, you need a dedicated microfibre drying towel, I use the twisted loop towels (twisted loop is supposed to suck up more water than normal microfibre)

Whatever you do do not clean your wheels with the same microfibre sponge that you use on your paintwork, the wheels will have all sorts of iron fallout and bits of metal from the discs and pads on them which will get into your sponge. Using the same sponge for wheels and paintwork will definitely trash your paintwork.
They charging £354 for this. Thanks for advice. I forgot what brand they said they use.
tm4

Post by tm4 »

Iqzy - I've had 2 QQs with paint protection, it has lasted 3 years on both (up to trade in) . In fact on the first one I often parked near an identical QQ obviously not treated and the difference was obvious. I pick up my new gun metallic QQ this week, trading in one of the same colour, nice deep shiny grey. I test drove the ceramic grey QQ and for me I preferred the gum metallic, just individual taste. Protection on this car is £250 + vat, I didn't try to negotiate a discount as I am getting an excellent deal on my new one. My previous QQ from a different dealership I refused the protection pack and then accepted it at half price. Don't know if any of this helps
malvern_man

Post by malvern_man »

tm4 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:08 pm Iqzy - I've had 2 QQs with paint protection, it has lasted 3 years on both (up to trade in) . In fact on the first one I often parked near an identical QQ obviously not treated and the difference was obvious. I pick up my new gun metallic QQ this week, trading in one of the same colour, nice deep shiny grey. I test drove the ceramic grey QQ and for me I preferred the gum metallic, just individual taste. Protection on this car is £250 + vat, I didn't try to negotiate a discount as I am getting an excellent deal on my new one. My previous QQ from a different dealership I refused the protection pack and then accepted it at half price. Don't know if any of this helps

You're one of the very, very few that has had a £250 plus vat coating last 3 years, they only normally last a few months, what coating was it.

How did you know it lasted 3 years, did you do a 'sheeting' test every time you washed it.
Iqzy

Post by Iqzy »

tm4 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:08 pm Iqzy - I've had 2 QQs with paint protection, it has lasted 3 years on both (up to trade in) . In fact on the first one I often parked near an identical QQ obviously not treated and the difference was obvious. I pick up my new gun metallic QQ this week, trading in one of the same colour, nice deep shiny grey. I test drove the ceramic grey QQ and for me I preferred the gum metallic, just individual taste. Protection on this car is £250 + vat, I didn't try to negotiate a discount as I am getting an excellent deal on my new one. My previous QQ from a different dealership I refused the protection pack and then accepted it at half price. Don't know if any of this helps
That's interesting. You managed to get the price down I didn't know you can haggle. I haggled thousands off the Qashqai so not sure if I could've haggled the paint protection. Maybe I'll email and ask if it's worth a try since my car is still on backorder.

How was it near to the 3 years? Still went good? How was the interior protection was it like they said it protected against spills etc
tm4

Post by tm4 »

malvern_man wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:46 pm

You're one of the very, very few that has had a £250 plus vat coating last 3 years, they only normally last a few months, what coating was it.

How did you know it lasted 3 years, did you do a 'sheeting' test every time you washed it.
My current QQ has Williams Racing treatment. I've not done any tests on it, I'm just an ordinary motorist who cleans his car every now and again. All I know is that water still beads, car comes up like new so no need for polish to be applied which I had to do on earlier cars to maintain looks. Just expressing my view as an ordinary motorist.
tm4

Post by tm4 »

Iqzy wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:55 pm
That's interesting. You managed to get the price down I didn't know you can haggle. I haggled thousands off the Qashqai so not sure if I could've haggled the paint protection. Maybe I'll email and ask if it's worth a try since my car is still on backorder.

How was it near to the 3 years? Still went good? How was the interior protection was it like they said it protected against spills etc
Interior protection has worked , no stains after 3 years, lunch and a few McDonalds eaten in the car, minor marks easily removed. At 3 years it is still good, salesmen have commented on treated cars both look as new condition. I was suspicious of its value which was the reason for my first refusal but went ahead at half price. I would always have it now and had it applied to my wife's VW Up, I'm no expert on car protection treatments but I've been happy with purchases as an ordinary motorist who does notice faults!
malvern_man

Post by malvern_man »

tm4 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:40 pm
malvern_man wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:46 pm

My current QQ has Williams Racing treatment. I've not done any tests on it, I'm just an ordinary motorist who cleans his car every now and again. All I know is that water still beads, car comes up like new so no need for polish to be applied which I had to do on earlier cars to maintain looks. Just expressing my view as an ordinary motorist.

We could go on forever and a day about car coatings, let's just say I wouldn't ever let a car dealer coat my car and I would never ever have them wash it if it's included when you take the car for its service.

Here's my QQ after having a professionally applied 'real' ceramic coating, and it still looks like that now.

Sophs50522

Post by Sophs50522 »

Sandgrounder wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:24 pm There should be a few options for the Alarm System in the settings menu: ON, ASK ON EXIT and DISABLE ONCE.

ALSO, make sure you don’t double press the lock button on the remote if someone is still inside the car. Double pressing the lock button activates the Superlock, where fitted (a new feature on the J12/Mark 3 Qashqai - it’s similar to deadlocks on other vehicles. It will be impossible to open the doors from inside the car).

The auto rain wiper function has always been a bit “random” on all my Qashqai’s 🤷🏻‍♂️ :?

1A71830B-1475-4253-8686-A243FA8BBFA4.jpeg

Sophs50522 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:56 pm OK so another question... sorry if I'm doing everyone's head in.

My 12 year old sometimes like to stay in the car when nip in the shop but if I lock her in the alarms go off.
Any ideas how to solve this? Wouldn't leave her in there with it unlocked.
( she has a phone for emergencies so please no judging )

And do anyones wipers go off randomly whilst on auto with no rain?
Not sure if an issue with my electrics.
My car stalled whilst running yesterday whilst parked in a bay. Which I found weird but hasn't done it since.

Swear I've got a car from dodgy batch :lol:

Ah Amazing thank you! Will give this a go.

That's good to know, maybe that's normal then with the wipers. Probably just overly sensitive.
Sophs50522

Post by Sophs50522 »

Newqash wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:08 pm Try getting her to lock it from the inside when you get out the car, that's what my daughter does.

Oh will try that one too!