Problem with Qashqai

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
EJT19
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by EJT19 »

I have driven mine today and the engine keeps cutting out. It’s like it’s got no fuel but there’s over half a tank in it. Should I call RAC or is it likely they’ll say they can’t find a fault haah!

QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Had the same problem ... only once.
I guess you also got an error/warning message on the digital dashboard "engine management problem, engine power cut, have the car checked" or something similar.
I drove around and had the same symptoms ... no power, could not drive faster than 30 MPH or so.
I stopped, waited a bit, restarted my QQ and had no problems ever since !
I hope you can get it fixed like that too.
3bl

Post by 3bl »

In my case, they have replaced ADAS module in the end and that seems to solved the issue.

After that, I have driven the car for 2-3000km without any problems related to ProPilot.

The only thing that is still happening is that it can happen that the steering wheel is not detecting that the hands are off the wheel and it's not giving warning to put the hands on the steering wheel.
In one hand, this is good for highway drives because you can have the hands relaxing but I still don't do it. I always keep at least one hand in some position to be ready to take over.
3bl

Post by 3bl »

The problem with ProPilot is back!

Car has 24.000km and the ProPilot error is back.

What happened on German auto-bahn is that ProPilot was active and it stopped recognizing my hands on the steering wheel. It started to warn me and I couldn’t turn-off the ProPilot either by button on by braking. Turning the steering wheel also didn’t turn it off. It was very dramatic.

Since this is a company car, we will probably take the case to the lawyer and insist on replacement or return of the money.
srbqashqai

Post by srbqashqai »

It happened to me today as well.
Alarm that my hands are not on the wheel but they where. I was able to stop drama by turning off pro pilot button but then once I tried to turn it on again I got System Fault warning.

What I noticed even before is that sometimes it didn't warm me to put hands back on the wheel, today it happened again and then as I said it started to panick about it suddenly, I put hands on but it didn't detect them at all.

20220910_113100.jpg

J12 Tekna Xtronic
3bl

Post by 3bl »

Yes, absolutely the same issues happening here. The only difference is that I couldn't deactivate it.

@srbqashqai Any chance you are from Serbia? :)
srbqashqai

Post by srbqashqai »

3bl wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:57 am Yes, absolutely the same issues happening here. The only difference is that I couldn't deactivate it.

@srbqashqai Any chance you are from Serbia? :)
Yes, as username can tell :)

I took it today to dealer and they said they will order some part, call me once it arrives and hopefully it will fix the issue.
p.s. issue appeared on Saturday and now on Monday it's gone, whole Sunday it was there as well.

Any update on your side?
J12 Tekna Xtronic
Heskavich

Post by Heskavich »

Hi did you get an update here?
I have a similar issue, the steering assist does not work when activating propilot.

Cleaning the sensors did nothing. But opening and closing the bonnet made it work. I suspect giving it a good slam did something?

Does anyone know the location of the sensors and how I can check for loose cables or something
skezza

Post by skezza »

My 2022 Tekna had this error message, sorted by the dealer who told me it was a problem with the torque sensor on the steering wheel, haven’t had the fault since
Iqzy

Post by Iqzy »

My infotainment screen is not turning on. Anyone know what the problem is? Or have experienced it?