Blocked exhaust pressure senor pipe

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
martyuk1975
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by martyuk1975 »

Morning All,

I know the topic of the blocked exhaust pressure senor pipe keeps coming up on here but I have tried all the normal stuff, like putting down the break cable connected to the drill and even put a bit of WD40 down to trying and clear the pipe. I have also changed the sensor over for a new one, that seems to of removed the orange light but not the red on with the chassis control error/Stop Start. (Battery is new also).

Has anyone else got any idea's apart from taking to a garage who will probably not get anywhere either lol. Out of interest how much would a garage charge to replace the pipe to get the flow going again?

Kind Regards,

Martin.

(P.S. the car has done 90k)

andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

So you have managed to remove the pipe from the back of engine. You,ll need to use a thin bit of wire and if you got a local garage near you get the to use the air hose to clear it fully out better and spray some brake cleaner down it to. You,ll need a code reader to clear the codes too
Padre7

Post by Padre7 »

THis is a nightmare! Fault has just appeared on my dash too. Have viewed the hacks - managed to get sensor off and use brake cable to clean to the mid way point of the pipe. Cable goes down first 2 corners fine and then as far as I can tell hits a blockage have way down the pipe prior to final bend. Have spent ages at it - with drill - but it just wont move any further. Have tried a drop of Wynn's carb cleaner down pipe - left overnight but to no avail.

Ive had a quote from a company f0r £300 who will clean the dpf and manually clean the pipe. but it seems steep and I'm not convinced it will work unless they have a stronger chemical.

Any one got anything else they might add? any other solvents to be used? I'm not a mechanic and so I can see I will have to bite the bullet on this...any help much appreciated for a first time poster...thanks in advance.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

Can't add anything to what's already been reported on this forum I'm afraid.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Padre7

Post by Padre7 »

Many thanks for the welcome...does anyone have an idea of what this job might cost...and not at a main dealer either? I was hoping to shift the car on prior to this episode...just had cambelt done etc etc
Padre7

Post by Padre7 »

Martyuk1975
Has anyone else got any idea's apart from taking to a garage who will probably not get anywhere either lol. Out of interest how much would a garage charge to replace the pipe to get the flow going again?

Did you get any joy from this question? what have you decided to do then? ... cheers Padre7
martyuk1975

Post by martyuk1975 »

I 'm not so annoyed at the fault in question, it's more that the stupid ECU (Computer) has so many other things linked to it. You have a blocked sensor pipe and it sets off the Chassis control fault (The hill braking stops working also) and in line this brings up the Start/Stop fault as well. The later two should not be/and are not linked and related. So this sensor pipe also has bends and is pointing upwards, talk about the ministry of crap design. I promised myself I would never buy a car years ago with all these bloody overboard sensors end electronics and I can see why now.
martyuk1975

Post by martyuk1975 »

Padre7 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:46 am THis is a nightmare! Fault has just appeared on my dash too. Have viewed the hacks - managed to get sensor off and use brake cable to clean to the mid way point of the pipe. Cable goes down first 2 corners fine and then as far as I can tell hits a blockage have way down the pipe prior to final bend. Have spent ages at it - with drill - but it just wont move any further. Have tried a drop of Wynn's carb cleaner down pipe - left overnight but to no avail.

Ive had a quote from a company f0r £300 who will clean the dpf and manually clean the pipe. but it seems steep and I'm not convinced it will work unless they have a stronger chemical.

Any one got anything else they might add? any other solvents to be used? I'm not a mechanic and so I can see I will have to bite the bullet on this...any help much appreciated for a first time poster...thanks in advance.
If you have any job clearing it with something let me know mate. I too have put cleaner down replaced the sensor and wired/drilled the pipe and it still doesn't clear even those a lot of crap comes out. My wife still does around 50 miles a day on motorways so it's not down to short trips.
Mark65
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Mark65 »

Hi,
We used to use a nasty mixture on two stroke exhausts that had oil and carbon build up, caustic soda and luke warm water, block one end and fill then block the other, leave over night or 24 hrs.
USE AT OWN RISK though and wear full protective gear, its nasty.

Caustic soda needs to be treated with care as it will burn the skin and eyes. Safety glasses and disposable gloves are the minimum level of protection; a face-shield and strong rubber gloves are the preferred option. Dissolve the caustic by adding it to lukewarm water. NEVER add water to caustic as it will become incredibly hot and possibly effervesce. A 10 percent solution is generally sufficient for most applications. Caustic is available from hardware stores and commonly used to remove fat and grease deposits from pipes and drains; a use not too far away from our own, you may need some id these days, I did to clear a drain a year or so ago
Its cheap and may work.

Mark
2019 Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.5 dCi
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

I'm surprised that no one has suggested what the cost of replacing the pipe would be.

For example is this one - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251296329594 - £55?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)