How to fix interior rear view mirror j10 car?

Bodywork & Interior problems
specky
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by specky »

Hi everyone, I am struggling to stick my interior rear view mirror. Here is the photo of original adhesive it was used on the metal plate: https://www.screencast.com/t/Fk16GaQxb It's very hard material like plastic not like double sided tape. I tried unibond double sided tape which claims it can hold up to 30kg but it wasn't good enough, mirror was shaking when I was driving so I removed it. Please suggest me what kind of adhesive I should use? Thank you

Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

Most problems when trying to reattach the interior mirror is not the adhesive pads you may use, but making sure the glass in perfectly clean or else it will not stick very well. There is plenty of stuff you can google most car accessory shops will sell the right stuff, but you must make sure the windscreen is clean and all the old glue is removed.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
specky
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by specky »

Hi, the place I stuck pads was thoroughly cleaned, I have been checking pads on amazon but people are complaining same issue I am facing. There should be a rock solid pads for these kind of mirrors!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Specks, have you seen this brief report from Auto Express - Dave 😏

Best car glass adhesive 2020 | Auto Express : https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product-g ... esive-2020
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

A good option is Sikaflex adhesive - thats what windscreens are bonded in with

Or

pop into your local windscreen fitters and give them a drink
RickyGrainger
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by RickyGrainger »

I found out if you put your knuckles on the roof and push down with fingers after a squirt of WD40 then it pops off.

image.jpg

image.jpg