1.6 diesel idles for few seconds then cuts off

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Marazo
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Marazo »

Hi

I'm having trouble with my 2013 qq+2. 1.6dci

One day the bugger wouldn't start at all. I turned the ignition on and was greeted with "contact dealer" notification and nothing happened at the key turn.

I connected my bluetooth obd2dongle, reseted all fault codes and gave the car crank. It started normally, idled for maybe five seconds and then cut off. Then the same thing as before "contact dealer" and nothing.

Now I'm reading following codes:
P0657 Actuator supply voltage - open circuit
P1641, P1642, P1643 (some sources say these are fuel pump related, others say they are heating related)
And a whole bunch of U1000 (SCP (J1850) Invalid or Missing Data for Primary Id) from various sub systems

Any ideas what to do here?

Paulme
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Paulme »

1.5 Diesel:
Hi Im having the very same problem with my car :it starts and IDLE for a few seconds then cuts off, i have got the Glow plugs changed and the car works for about 2 weeks then it started the same thing again, got a diagnostic done and below is the report :can someone pls help
Fault codes
Diesel (K9K - Diagnose - MT/AT)
DTC Description
0530 - Unknown fault code
0488 - Unknown fault code
0488 - Unknown fault code
2610 - Unknown fault code
0087 - Unknown fault code
Instrument (Instrument - Meter/M&A (Meter M&A))
DTC Description
No fault codes
Gearbox (Gearbox - Gearbox - AT)
DTC Description
No fault codes
Restraints (Airbag - Airbag)
DTC Description
No fault codes
Marazo

Post by Marazo »

I think my only option is to take the car to authorised service shop and hope that they'll figure what's wrong quickly... The problem seems to be getting worse. Now the car won't start anymore.

I suspect busted ECU or some issues with the cables or something...

Now when I connect the OBD dongle the connection to ELM is established but the connection to ECU doesn't seem to work. I cannot read the codes.

Also the car "reboots" from time to time. Like when you turn power on, all the blower motors start an
and the different dash lights go on and off... Now with the power on this sequence seems to start again after some time. And again. And again.

I checked the connectors on ECU and eyeballed the wiring that could be easily seen. Nothing suspicious there. So without some official Nissan diagnostics and/or tearing the car apart there's probably not much I can do.

Bummer...
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

You checked the batt connections to make sure there not loose at all ?
Marazo

Post by Marazo »

Yep. Checked all the connections and gave the battery a charge over night. Should be all good on that front.

Somehow I feel that the problem is there with the CAN or something. It did show couple of those communication faults at some point... But without proper diagnostics it might be a quite hard to pinpoint where the issue is, especially if it's wiring related.

(At least I hope the service has some proper tools...)