Mystery case - Does Qashqai J11 Autolocks when forgot open

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Marz
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Marz »

Guys, I have this mysterious happening to my Nissan Qashqai Techna 2015 model .

I had my two smartkeys (fob) in the car because one was low battery and was afraid it won't work so took the second one too. I went out for a walk/picnic very close to the car (for about 90 mins), and left one of the key inside. Now the Sherlock Holmes case begins like this.

I don't know if I locked the car or not and I don't know either if I took one of the keys with me or not BUT >>> when I returned back, I found that the car was locked with one of the keys inside AND >>> I could not find the second key on me! I searched and searched in the picnic area - nothing. My daughter left her window 4 inches open and like in a movie by inserting a small branch/stick from the slightly open window into the key hole , I managed to fetch the key inside and open the car. Amazing pleasure!!!

I went searching the key (countryside / wild area) for three consecutive days, also with all family and nothing was found . Police report filed, no luck with the lost and found dept. I remember that I only walked an area of 80 x 80 m like half a football ground and not so impossible to find them. Yet, it was not found !

Questions:
1. Now my wife said, the car would not lock with the second key if you leave the first key inside. Is this true ??
2. Does perhaps the car autolock after an hour or so if the key is left inside and the car is not locked (like an anti-theft feature)

I start thinking that the second key (the low battery one) might be somewhere fallen/hidden in the car and the car locked the door automatically when sensing one of the keys inside.

I have this feeling that I did not lock the car as I was close by to it and not much people were around there.

New smart key is 350Eur.

andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

if the batt was that low in the key fob you may find that the car don`t know it`s still inside. so you left the key on the seat when you left the car???? why did you take it with you if the batt was no good in it. i`d replace the batt over the weekend and see if it lets you lock the car then.
Marz

Post by Marz »

It was a Sunday and I did not have a battery, but apart that what are the answers of my two questions?

P. S. KThe low battery fob works if near the start button / dashboard.