wheel alignment specs

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
jearden
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by jearden »

Hi, new to Qashqai and the forum so still finding my way around.
Does anyone have the wheel alignment specs for the Qashqai Mk2. My Haynes manual gives specs for the front end but nothing for the back.
I have specs for the Mk1/Dualis but i gather they change the rear suspension for the Mk2.

gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Belated welcome to this forum.

I can't remember wheel alignment being discussed previously.

For a search I prefer to use Google - you might find something here but I didn't see them on a quick scan through:

https://www.google.com/search?q=qashqai ... rums.co.uk
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
jearden

Post by jearden »

Thanks gloucester, I've done the google scan and found nothing for the Mk2 specs but I'm sure someone on the forum will come forward with the answer.
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

I have had a J11 and J11B

My Blue J11b drove really badly , and the rear geometry was out of spec.
Nissan took this car back and Im now in my current J11B that drives so much better.
I had the alignment checked 3 times , and each time the same story - the rear end numbers were wrong.
Nissan say that the rear geometry is fixed and there is no adjustment. This is borne out by the fact that about 95 percent of all Nissan dealers only have front wheel alignment kit.

That being said , I believe given a lot of time , and some lateral thinking that the rear could be adjusted to a small degree , you have to consider that the rear end is a beam affair so adjustment if possible will always be very limited.
jearden

Post by jearden »

I’ve found nothing on the web and Nissan Customer Services were no help so I’ve come to the conclusion that the best I’m likely to get is Nissans data sheet for the Rogue which is a Qashqai in all but name. See link below pages 21/22. Give or take a few minutes of angle the numbers tie in with those I’ve seen on several Qashqai alignment print outs.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/ ... 1-9999.pdf
Qashowner

Post by Qashowner »

Rear wheels are fixed on a QQ and cannot be adjusted. It does not mean to say they are aligned correctly and usually the fronts are adjusted to suit the back. That doesn't sound right to me, but I guess if you hit the kerb hard enough with your rear wheels you could bend them out of alignment.

Having said that, I have a post on here somewhere where I said that my rear tyres on my QQ were originals from 2014 and had gone porous and were leaking air. At the time that would put them well over 7 years old but the still had about 4mm tread left. My old B Class Mercedes also had fixed rear wheels and the tyres on that lasted well over 30k miles on the rear. I suppose fixed rear wheels cut down a lot of parts on cars and should make it less expensive for the owners with no adjustments.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
QashqaiSilver
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by QashqaiSilver »

Buffy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:38 am I have had a J11 and J11B

Nissan took this car back and Im now in my current J11B that drives so much better.
I had the alignment checked 3 times , and each time the same story - the rear end numbers were wrong.
Nissan say that the rear geometry is fixed and there is no adjustment. This is borne out by the fact that about 95 percent of all Nissan dealers only have front wheel alignment kit.

That being said , I believe given a lot of time , and some lateral thinking that the rear could be adjusted to a small degree , you have to consider that the rear end is a beam affair so adjustment if possible will always be very limited.
If the rear is not adjustable, there is a possibility that the rear subframe or shocks may be damaged. Or have you checked the rear suspension top mount nuts and bushes, things like these can also throw the rear geometry out.
J10, 2008, 1.6 petrol, Acenta
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

QashqaiSilver wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:34 pm
Buffy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:38 am I have had a J11 and J11B

If the rear is not adjustable, there is a possibility that the rear subframe or shocks may be damaged. Or have you checked the rear suspension top mount nuts and bushes, things like these can also throw the rear geometry out.
The car had 1500 miles on it and 2 months old , and was as such not worn out.
All credit to the dealer , after I pointed out a list of problems , including one that would have warranted an MOT failure , we deemed that the car was not fit for purpose and was replaced with very little fuss