Interior overheating

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
cristiantonio
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by cristiantonio »

Hi everyone,

I live in Romania and I got my QQ J12 in October. It's N-Connecta version (AWD, x-tronic), the highest version available at that in Romania time because of the semiconductors crisis.

The car is great, I'm really happy with my choice. But there is one thing that I noticed and I'd like to know if it's only my car that does this or it's something that happens with all J12.

I noticed that now in the cold season, when the clime system is sending heat inside the car, the central console is over-heating on the right side, towards the passenger seat. I can't say it's something really bad, but I'm just not very comfortable with it. Most probably it's the heating pipe that goes to the backseats.

Have you noticed the same with your J12? Here is a picture to highlight the area that I’m talking about: https://ibb.co/YQrNmx2

Looking forward to hearing from you! Thank you.

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I don’t know if this will help you or not but here’s something I noted with my J11B Tekna.

My car has the glass panoramic roof.
If your car has the glass roof this might be some assistance.

With the blind open to give you the full effect of the panoramic glass roof, this area remains really cold in the winter. Warm air rises to it, cools and falls into the cabin. Obviously this means it takes quite a while to warm the cabin. In turn this makes the climate control work harder, blowing hot air into the cabin, when with an ordinary roof warm air would do.

IF you’re roof is the same, try closing the blind to see if this is what’s causing this effect.

Good Luck
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)